Brown Bear Gift Shop was established in 1924 and to this day, has provided visitors and locals with souvenirs, gifts, and novelty items. We are a team of high-energy people who work together to create lasting memories for our guests. Our mission is to be ambassadors for Big Bear Lake. We strive to make the guest experience unique and memorable. Our guests come to us for a fun, friendly, and interactive shopping excursion. Most importantly we want our guests and team members to feel like a part of our family.
WE BELIEVE IN
- Creating Memories We believe in creating a unique and memorable experience for our guests. Whether it’s providing the perfect recommendation or taking an Instagram worthy photo of the entire family. Shopping at a Resorts Souvenir location is not about hitting sales goals. It’s about creating a memorable experience for our guests.
- Welcoming Our Guests We see ourselves as ambassadors for Big Bear Lake and often one of the first stops for new visitors to the area. We are always welcoming, friendly, and helpful whether the guest has questions about one of our products or needs directions to a local site.
- Encouraging Fun Our stores are high energy, interactive, and fun for all ages. We encourage our guests to play games or to try on silly hats together as a family.
- Building Positive Relationships Our stores are havens for people on vacation. Everyone who walks in wants to share in something special. This includes our team. Everyday we work towards creating a safe and supportive environment for both our guests and team members. People join our team to be part of a caring and positive culture.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AS THE SALES ASSOCIATE
We firmly believe in teamwork. You will be trained in all aspects of our store operations. Everyone pitches in as needed on a variety of tasks. These tasks include:
- Greeting guests as they enter the store.
- Answering guest questions and providing recommendations.
- Encouraging a fun and interactive experience for every guest.
- Monitoring inventory and restocking in a timely manner.
- Receiving new merchandise into stock.
- Maintaining constant cleanliness and organization throughout the store and complying with all COVID-related guidelines.
- Performing store opening and closing duties.
- Operating as a cashier.
YOU ARE THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU ARE
Dependable - You show up on time each day, ready to be there for our guests and your teammates. You understand that we are committed to being open for the guests who chose to visit Big Bear Lake and therefore are willing to work weekends and holidays.
Personable - You have high energy, are upbeat, and welcoming. People enjoy being around you. You enjoy making guests laugh. Being around lots of people excites you and makes your day even more enjoyable.
Enthusiastic You are actively engaged in the work you do. You learn quickly and have a thirst for learning more. You are always looking for ways you can help.
Quick You are both quick-witted and quick to take action. You can keep your wits about you in a dynamic and extremely faced paced environment.
YOU POSSESS THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS
- Able to work weekends and holidays.
- Prior customer service or sales experience in a fast-paced environment is preferred.
- Reliable transportation including the ability to navigate in inclimate weather.
- Have the ability to work on your feet for sustained periods of time as well as lift up to 50 lbs boxes occasionally and regularly move objects to and from, including overhead lifting.
- Willing to follow all Covid 19 Protocols. All guests and employees are required to wear face masks. Guests are encouraged to use the provided hand sanitizer.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
We are truly a family here. We work very hard but we truly care about and support each other.
- Starting wage $15/h
- Consistent year-round hours. Full-time hours now through high-season and a minimum of 32 hours scheduled per week year-round. After one year with us, you are guaranteed 40 hours if you want it.
- Availability to work overtime
- Employee discounts!
- Paid Sick Time (3 days per year after 90 days)
- Paid Vacation after one year
- Simple IRA/ 401k
Are you ready to join our team and help create memorable experiences for our guests?
Then click the link below and apply now!
Please note that qualified candidates will receive a request from AHA! Recruiting Experts, our recruitment firm asking you to complete a short video interview. We promise it is fun and painless.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Resort Souvenirs and AHA! Recruiting Experts provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.