Remote to start with potential of returning to 100% onsite in Dulles, VA
In this hands-on position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines, and other resource constraints. You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle of a mission critical product including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and unit testing.
• The Red Hat OpenShift Engineer will primarily focus on administering and supporting the OpenShift Container Platform (OCP) ecosystem for the organization in both AWS public cloud and on premise.
• Work directly with infrastructure as code-based automation to manage the capacity of the overall platform and deliver new capacity and capabilities as necessary.
• Provide first class level Tier 3 Linux administration support with a through understanding of virtualization, networking, and security required to be successful in this role
• Managing container tenant provisioning, isolation, and capacity
• Support all aspects of systems engineering (designing, architecture, troubleshooting, testing, and maintaining products).
• Interface with software developers, analysts, and other project team members using Agile SCRUM methodology and SAFe to deliver features that enhance system capabilities and facilitate CBP’s mission.
• Translate customer needs into user stories and deliver working capabilities at the conclusion of each sprint.
• Participate and/or lead Sprint demonstrations and facilitate implementation of agreed upon ideas identified at retrospectives.
• Manage the container platform ecosystem (installation, upgrade, patching, monitoring)
• Assist in change management of container platform for new versions of OpenShift, Hotfixes, SysAdmin tasks, etc.
• Cluster capacity management and provisioning through automation of underlying hosts
• Work with others on product teams to design and implement solutions to hard problems that are impeding progress.
• Effectively communicate technical challenges, options considered, and the recommended solution to senior leaders both within prime contractor and CBP.
• Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
• Authors/edits system documentation/playbook(s)
• Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate work estimates on work packages.
• May serve as a mentor on procedural matters to less experienced internal and third-party team members.
• Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Must have significant experience in Red Hat OpenShift as an open source container application platform based on the Kubernetes container orchestrator for enterprise app development
• Experience with enterprise-grade container platforms based on industry standards, Docker and Kubernetes.
• Provide IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the TPVS's applications and be able to accomplish the responsibilities as described in the daily activities above
• Contributes to and supports the corporate Enterprise Container Strategy by identifying ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
• Experience with AWS and OpenShift Container Platform (OCP) environment
• Thorough understanding of application development lifecycles as well practical experience in working with continuous integration and continuous deployment tools as part of the container lifecycle
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Clearance Requirement: Must have an active Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a CBP clearance