The Global Strategic Account Manager is part of the commercial organization supporting the BioProduction Division portfolio which provides biotechnology and biopharmaceutical customers with integrated solutions across the entire bioproduction workflow. Our technologies include: Cell Culture; Cellular Medicine; Chromatography; Pharma Analytics; Single Use Technologies; Production Chemicals and GMP Supply Chain Services.
This position leads the corporate relationships with BioProduction (BPD) Core strategic customers and partners and reports to the Global Director of Sales, BioProduction Core Accounts.
- Maintain and develop strategic relationships, enhancing corporate relationships and business with prioritized clients.
- Focus on moving up the value chain at strategic accounts and developing peer-to-peer relationships across functions.
- Coordinate division-wide resources to provide comprehensive solutions, based on the entire product and services portfolio across all BPD and regions.
- Ensure alignment of strategy and collaboration between the customer and BPD in order to build effective alliances, based around a multi-year plan to increase business and value delivered.
- Lead in a matrix structure by:
- coordinating current teams that deal on the field with customers. Lead thru dotted lines 10-15 customer facing Account Managers from our various divisions (Core, OEM, BioProduction, Service) within a multi-cultural environment.
- Organizing and facilitating the involvement of other cross-functional teams (ie. Quality, Supply Chain, Operations, etc) as necessary to manage a successful account relationship.
- Negotiate with knowledge and capacity in dealing with highly complex relationships with clients (which could be at the same time customer / partners / competitors / suppliers) within a multi-cultural context.
- Understand the life sciences/BPD industry and market trends, as well as readily assimilate technical knowledge and translate into business opportunities.
- Use Gold Sheets as part of standard work procedure
- Bachelor's degree in the life sciences required. Advanced scientific degree and an MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years' experiences with strategic account management for large and complex accounts.
- Experience and proven ability to negotiate contracts including global multiyear agreements for all BPD business segments. Knowledge of professional processes in place at BPD support departments (B2B, Pricing, Finance, Customer Care, Quality, Supply Chain).
Posting ID: 594644799Posted: 2021-01-08