American Sign Language Interpreters - Baltimore, MD
(and Various Other Locations)
CLGT Solutions, LLC is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business focused upon providing professional solutions in the areas of training and talent acquisition.
We are seeking American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters to provide services for the deaf/hard of hearing (HOH) employees in support of a government agency in Ft. Lee/Chester, Virginia (as well as various other locations). This is a one-year contract with four additional option years.
Essential Duties, Roles & Responsibilities
Provide on-site ASL interpreter services in a work place or designated work space setting on an as-needed basis for meetings, briefings, trainings, performance reviews, recruitment, hiring events, work related exams, and/or a variety of other work-related situations. Must be able to interpret/transliterate fluently and understand the continuum of sign communication.
Education, Experience, & Requirements
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must possess, or be willing and able to go through a thorough US Government background screening to obtain, a Secret Security clearance
- Interpreters must possess one of the following certifications:
- NAD-RID National Interpreter Certification (NIC, NIC ADV, NIC Master)
- RID National Interpreter Certification (CI, CTC, CSC, MCSC SC:L)
- NAD National Interpreter Certification (NAD V)
- State specific Quality Assurance Screening (QAS) or State Licensure may be used in lieu of the above
- Must have minimum 2 years’ paid experience as an ASL interpreter
- Must have at least 1-year paid experience interpreting in formal corporate or government meetings, training, and/or classroom setting
- Must be certified in ASL to English and English to ASL interpreting/ transliteration and have a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of American Sign Language (ASL). San Diego, CA requires American Sign Language (ASL), Signed English (SE), and Pidgen Signed English (PSE)
- Must possess a general knowledge of a variety of vocabulary (military, economic, government related acronyms, medical, legal, scientific, and cultural) and regional industry jargon, as well as office terminology, administrative/ technical terminology, and business vernacular
- Shall have the knowledge and diversity of culture and skill required to prepare for each interpreting assignment, including knowledge needed to assist in setting up an environment that is conducive to meeting the communication needs of both the hearing and Deaf or Hard of Hearing participants in an assigned event or assignment
- Shall have the ability to assess and adapt to the language needs of the Deaf or Hard of Hearing consumer and to apply analytical skills necessary to determine which communication modes the Deaf or Hard of Hearing consumer is using
- Produce high quality output
This position requires frequent standing, sometimes for two (2) or more hours at a time.
This position requires continuous use of hands.
Position Type & Hours of Work
This is a contracted position.
Hours vary but will always fall between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM Monday through Friday.
This position will require 100% travel to the Client site
The main site (majority of hours) is in Ft. Lee/Chester, VA
Other locations include: East Hartford, CT, Orlando, FL, Boston, MA, Baltimore, MD, Marietta, GA, Atlanta, GA, Garden City, NY, Cincinnati, OH, Greensville, SC, Fridley, MN, St Louis, MO, Madison, AL Tukwila, WA, Bellevue, WA, San Diego, CA, Ontario, CA
CLGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Powered by JazzHR