Synergy Health Partners is looking for a full-time Physical Therapy Technician to work in our Warren clinic. This role supports a large private-practice physical therapy clinic.
Under the direct supervision of a licensed therapist which includes: physical therapist, occupational therapist, occupational therapist assistant or physical therapist assistant assists in the following:
- Therapy intervention as directed by license therapist according to the departmental guidelines
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development over the lifespan for appropriate interactions
- Performs assigned housekeeping, clerical and transporter duties
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is aware of indications and contraindications for each physical modality treatment (heat, cold, ultrasound, traction, paraffin bath, electrical stimulation, fludiotherapy) and reports back to the primary therapist when contraindications and/or any concerns regarding patient safety are noted.
- Is aware of indications and contraindications for general exercises, and reports back to the primary therapist when contraindications arise.
- Is aware of proper posture and body mechanics, and able to reinforce these principles to patients throughout their treatment session.
- Observes and respects patients’ rights to confidentiality, privacy and dignity.
- Assists in the ordering of supplies and maintains inventory in a safe and organized manner.
- Performs general housekeeping tasks including filling of supplies, maintaining clean linens, cleaning all treatment areas with disinfectant as per cleaning schedule, keeping all treatment areas neat and orderly and safe.
- Completes patient treatments as assigned by an occupational/physical therapist or occupational/physical therapist assistant for the following modalities: heat, cold, ultrasound, traction, paraffin bath, electrical stimulation, fludiotherapy and, lymphopress/compression pump.
- Effectively communicates with patients, families and colleagues with an emphasis on achievement and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Self initiates physical therapy technician tasks without management having to assign projects. Actively seeks out technician activities and when tasks are completed communicate to the PTT Supervisor. Assumes responsibility for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning and administrative logs. Seeks out PTT Supervisor to ask if additional tasks need to be completed.
- Understands practice’s EMR system (checking patients into system, assigning patients to therapists, properly scanning of paperwork into chart).
Required Certifications, Registration or Licensure:
Minimum Knowledge and Education:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Work Experience:
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Displays interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patients and all team members.
Uses good judgment to act responsibly and independently.
Possesses physical capabilities necessary to complete job duties.
Traditional physical therapy clinic environment.
Synergy Health Partners is a healthcare management organization at the forefront of patient care. We work with our physicians, nurses, and other clinical staff to maintain the highest quality of care centered on patient-focused outcomes. With respect for the person and their health as the driving mindset behind our practice, we aim to provide cutting-edge compassionate treatment to each and every one of our patients. We partner with healthcare practices large and small and use over forty years of experience in medicine in the Metro Detroit area to ensure peace of mind to all of those in our care.
Synergy Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posting ID: 593846798Posted: 2021-01-17