Morguard is Now Hiring
A multi-family Assistant Manager for our 492 Unit, Class A Mid-Rise Apartment Community in Rockville, Maryland.
We need you full time, up to 40 hours per week. Our Leasing Office is accessible to our residents; we open at 9:00 AM and close at 6:00 PM. We're also open each Saturday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Availability to work a weekend shift is required for this position.
We ask that you be accessible to those hours and to be available to work at least one weekend a month. Particularly before the 1st of the month for rent collections.
Your Community Manager will do their best to support any flexibility in the schedule you may need and to accommodate any advance notice of requests for time off. On weeks where you work weekends, you'll have two non-consecutive business days off.
Why join Morguard
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to create a culture of respect, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees to meet their goals. Our company is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be the best in the business.
When you join Morguard, you join a strong and committed team and will have access to:
- Employer-Provided Medical Insurance Options
- An excellent culture that supports a work-life balance with time off for Summer Hours, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Dollar for dollar matching 401k Savings Plan
- Opportunity to live onsite within the portfolio at the exclusive Employee Discount
We're looking for you
To fully support onsite Property Management Operations. This job is a training ground for promotion to Community Management. We need encouraging and hands-on person to step in when necessary, complete projects, and help to motivate the onsite team.
A few of your responsibilities
- Collect and post rent each month
- Assist in the handling of resident work order requests and various concerns as required
- Conduct follow-up activity as needed with new and current residents
- Maintain positive working relationships with residents, vendors, and contractors
- Assist with leasing and lease renewal efforts onsite
- Physically walk and inspect the property
The Assistant Manager is responsible for a significant portion of the on-site accounting functions, as well as leasing apartments. This position also fills the role of the person-in-charge when the primary manager is not present. Assistant Community Managers provide high quality resident service and fulfill resident service requests through the Maintenance Technicians and other service associates. Some weekends and early evenings will be required.
Experience & Strengths you'll need:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in property management is required, as well as a positive, “can-do” attitude, professionalism and a high level of enthusiasm.
- High School Diploma required Bachelor's or Associates degree is ideal. Alternatively, if you have 1-3 years of direct experience with Multi-family property management and the commensurate professional designation (CAM, ARM, CPM, etc.) then we would be happy to consider you.
- Strong Marketing/Leasing experience and a thorough knowledge of all applicable Federal and State Fair Housing Laws.
- Strong financial reporting, organization, and accounting skills; this role is directly responsible for onsite functions such as rent collection and AP/AR reconciliations and requires thorough attention to detail.
- Strong computer proficiency; this role needs a good familiarity with Yardi or Onesite, Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- An excellent attitude and willingness to learn and, more than anything, a resolve to provide prompt and friendly service.
All job offers are subject to a pre-employment drug test and criminal/credit background check.
Morguard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
At Morguard, our employees are our greatest investment. We make people our priority and strive to build a culture of respect, integrity, health and safety, and equal opportunity to support employees in meeting their goals. Our company is made up of professionals with a deep knowledge of servicing apartment communities, who are passionate about what they do and who want to be and work with the best in the business.
Morguard has significant investment and management capabilities in multiple asset classes including office, industrial, retail, multi-suite residential and hotel. With 40 years of experience and a dynamic team of over 1,500 professionals, our commitment is to realize the potential of real estate through value creation and operational excellence. Today, our total assets owned and managed is valued at $21.0 billion.