If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire a Philanthropy Program Manager who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Philanthropy Program Manager will be responsible for growing philanthropic revenue from Corporations and Foundations, including vendors, family foundations, and area businesses. This will be achieved by successfully moving prospects through the donor cycle: identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding relationships for long term engagement and impact.
• Undergraduate degree required
• 7+ Years of experience in similar role or roles with transferrable skills such as business development.
• Knowledge of fundraising best practices or business development.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and follow through on assignments, projects and policies.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of tasks productively and attention to details.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Problem-solving skills and the ability to adjust to new priorities as needed.
• Capacity to learn Raiser's Edge.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and ability to use advanced spreadsheet functions.
• Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce and community.
• Deep commitment to Adventist HealthCare's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
• Develop and execute strategies to engage new and existing Corporations and Foundations.
• Build relationships with key decision makers leading to philanthropic investments.
• Increase funds raised and number of corporate and foundation donors
• Achieve monthly and annual activity metrics for prospect contacts and funds raised.
• Develop and present funding requests based on needs of AHC and interests of prospects.
• Document activity and key donor relationship data in Raisers Edge (CRM)
• Collaborate with members of the philanthropy team and colleagues across AHC.
• Create and execute strategic stewardship events, including VIP Breakfasts and Donor Impact Tours.
• Participate in long range planning to meet ambitious goals for program growth.
• Convey goals and objectives in a clear and compelling manner; listen effectively and clarify information as needed; interpret verbal and non-verbal messages that others communicate to respond appropriately; produce clear status reports; and communicate tactfully and candidly.
• Stay abreast of best practices and corporate giving innovations with a willingness to test new ideas, as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Posting ID: 557782833Posted: 2020-05-26