Life Transition Services
Mental Health Practitioners
43171 Dalcoma Drive Ste 7, Clinton Twp, MI 48038
P: (586) 267-1002 F: (888) 622-2967
JOB TITLE: Medical Administrator
STATUS: Part-Time to Start
REPORT TO: Office Manager
DATE: January 2021
The Medical Administrator is responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate staff, greeting and checking in all clients for office appointments (including preparing paperwork for clients to fill out, scanning insurance cards and uploading demographic information into the electronic health record, or EHR, as well as scheduling follow-up appointments and sending non-controlled prescription refills to pharmacies), scanning and shredding for staff as needed, reviewing incoming email and facsimile communications and forwarding to appropriate staff or uploading to client files as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Greeting and directing all clients within the practice on in-office days.
● Obtaining client demographic information for new clients and reviewing demographic information for existing clients, updating the EHR as needed. This may include verifying insurance information through the EHR verification system.
● Obtaining necessary client information to meet current federal guidelines including updated HIPAA compliance, releases, and consent forms.
● Scanning and uploading pertinent client information into the EHR.
● Running MAPS on all clients and uploading results to file as well as printing copies for providers.
● Checking out clients at the end of office visits: scheduling follow-up appointments, refilling current prescriptions, and collecting copays.
● Managing incoming office communications including:
○ Answering the main phone line and resolving minor client issues before transferring calls on to other departments
○ Reviewing email and facsimile messages and responding appropriately including uploading important documents to client files or forwarding paperwork to other departments.
○ Reviewing incoming laboratory results and uploading to client files.
● Assisting in ordering, receiving, and stocking office supplies.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
● Minimum requirement: High School Diploma with 2 or more years relevant experience/training.
● Preferred: Associate degree, bachelor's degree, or certificate in a relevant vocation.
● Strong organization skills.
● Strong multi-tasking skills.
● Strong interpersonal relations and customer service.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Computer literacy.
● Abstract thinking ability.
● Ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
● Ability to take initiative.
● Ability to receive directions and follow through in a timely manner.
● Ability to work collectively with administration and staff.
HOURS & PAY:
28 Hours per week to start.
$15 per hour to start, with assessment after the first 30 days.