PRS, Inc. is recognized as one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to work for in the US. PRS provides behavioral health, crisis intervention and suicide prevention services. Our vision is to change and save lives in our community by empowering hope, safety, recovery, wellness, independence, and community integration.
We are accepting applications fora Full-Time (40 hrs/week) Family Peer Support Partner, Team Leadin Fairfax County, VA. This position is responsible for overseeing the Family Peer Support Partners who provide direct services to families with children/ youth up to age 21 who experience one or more behavioral and / or mental health challenges.
- Provide supervision to Family Peer Support Partners to ensure delivery of effective Family support services.
- Oversee case documentation and reporting; training and development; and ensure fidelity to Systems of Care, Wraparound and Family Support Partner principles.
- Serve as a peerpartnerand coach to families navigating behavioral health systems and other formal and informal community resources, ensuring families have the information they need.
- Communicate the experience and appropriate perspective of a parent/caregiver of a child with complex needs and providesupportto other families with similar challenges.
- Participate in connectingfamilywith a variety ofsupportservicesforparents/caregivers such assupportgroups,familyactivities, and other resources.
- Work collaboratively with team coordinators/facilitators, including Intensive Care Coordinators (ICC) to provide High Fidelity Wraparound care or other team-based careforidentified clients, if thefamilyis engaged with these services.
- Must be the current or former biological, adoptive parent, or individual in the parent role who has been the primary caregiver of a child with emotional, behavioral, or mental health, and/or substance use challenges
- High school diploma or GED; Certified Peer Specialist or High Fidelity Wraparound Facilitator Certification a plus
- Must have experience navigating Virginia behavioral health systems with their child
- Supervisory or Team Lead experience required and ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to build rapport with staff, clients, internal and external providers
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to learn quickly Electronic Health Record (EHR) software
- High degree of empathy toward individuals with serious mental illness with the ability to connect with individuals of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds
Other Special Conditions or Requirements:
- Ability to work occasional early evening and/or weekend hours which may be scheduled.
"Changing Lives. Saving Lives."
PRS is an Equal Opportunity EmployerJob Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 593815207Posted: 2021-01-19