Looking for a CCIE level Solutions Architect candidate. Here are some additional technical bullet points to add to the current JD requirements:
* Upgrade circuits from 1G to 10G (3 DIA’s, 2 point-to-point circuits)
* Configure new 7K core switches and migrate from 6500’s
* Upgrade a pair of Dell switches with Nexus 93180’s.
* Core networking, WAN routing, SDWAN, Cloud on-ramp
* Configure new TACACS server
As a Senior Network Engineer/Network Architect on the Cloud Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for designing, building and managing the global network infrastructure that is the foundation of all our services. The successful candidate will be able to understand and drive solid requirements and then use those to design, procure, deploy, configure, test, and activate networks. Excellent cross-team collaboration, technical skills, and clear communications are required.
The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of experience, preferably with a Bachelor's degree in a related field. This position is on-site at our Ashburn location and cannot be done remotely.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Senior level Cisco networking experience with all types of Catalyst, Nexus, and ASR equipment required
- Senior level experience integrating networks with Cisco UCS Blade system
- Senior level experience designing, deploying, and maintaining highly resilient and scalable distributed LAN and WAN network architecture
- A solid understanding of, and have experience with, most of the following network technologies: 802.1q, HSRP, OSPF, BGP, NAT, ACLs, IPSEC, and SNMP. Knowledge of MPLS, LDP, and VRFs strongly desired
- Deep, hands-on experience with TCP/IP and routing protocols (BGP and OSPF).
- CCIE R/S preferred
- Experience with a hosting service provider environment is a plus.
- Experience with Sophos UTMs is a plus
The primary roles and responsibilities you'll have in this position:
- Design and deploy networks based on business and technical requirements.
- Contribute towards the advancement of the overall network architecture.
- Partner with Cloud Infrastructure team members to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner and are of high quality.
- Take a lead role in the engagement and mitigation of outage causing events or issues.
- Perform non-critical investigations into functionality that are not working as desired.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate with multiple parties during an incident.
- Review, consult and prepare for planned change introduction to production environment.
- Partner with teams to plan and execute software code upgrades and device maintenance.
- Quickly integrate into the environment and become able to take on incidents tickets.
- Take on deployment projects and deliver them in a timely manner.
- Contribute towards continual improvement of our global network architecture.
- Partner with customers to solve issues or perceived issues with the network.
- Participation in on-call rotation for Engineering Team.
- Provide network topology diagrams specific to incidents or proposed changes
MDS is a business and technology solutions provider founded in 1992. We provide vendor neutral IT solutions on a national and international level. MDS has built a stellar reputation based on our customer focus and expertise in converging IT service areas on a custom level for our clients. We pride ourselves on providing tailored solutions that increase effectiveness, efficiency, and profitability.
Posting ID: 598573334Posted: 2021-02-24