West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Environmental, Health and Safety Risk Manager
Do you want to be part of an organization that's dedicated to helping Capital One identify, manage and effectively mitigate risk - for our customers, our communities and our associates? As part of Operational Risk Management (ORM), you'll work with talented associates to provide oversight and effective challenge to ensure that our businesses effectively manage operational risk. This includes enabling our organizations to maintain a sustainable and holistic operational risk profile in order to deliver superior products while also protecting our customers. You'll also bring your unique perspective and experiences to help us be rigorous, curious and creative.
As part of the ORM team, you'll be responsible for leading the Environmental, Health and Safety Risk Management (EHSRM) Control Program. EHSRM is responsible for independent governance and oversight of Capital One's risks and regulatory obligations for environmental protection, occupational health, workplace safety, workplace security, and criminal background screening.
Risk Managers at Capital One are responsible for working with business partners and leaders across Risk Management to identify and consult on potential risks to the company. They are highly motivated with excellent analytical, organizational and communications skills, to include an understanding of overall change management. Successful Risk Managers have a deep reverence for risk management and knowledge of the varying business within the company with whom they are working. They are forward thinking, quick to adapt and always eager to learn.
Specific responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Lead and provide effective and credible challenge to business practices, risk management activities, and business controls
- Provide risk consulting to business areas and subject matter expertise of applicable risks and regulations affecting Capital One's environmental protection, occupational health, workplace safety, workplace security, and criminal background screening obligations
- Provide program oversight of compliance advisory services for EHSRM-related United States federal and state regulations
- Own and deliver required ORM Control Program requirements and risk reporting
- Is a thought leader in providing guidance in implementing functional risk management practices
- Lead specific risk programs or workstreams within a program to include owning or managing policies, procedures, applicable risk management plans, audits, regulatory exams, remediation responses, etc.
- Analyze data to proactively identify risks and trends, provide oversight and guidance during risk assessments; supporting reporting on risk topics to management
- Work closely and drive collaboration between other risk teams and various partner groups in order to create an integrated and seamless risk experience for the business (i.e. Compliance, Audit, HR, etc.)
- Set direction, manage expectations and lead cross-functional team
- Stay current on the changing regulatory environment and understand the impacts to your businesses
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of workplace safety or security, or crisis management experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Risk management
- At least 3 years of experience in Project or Process or Change Management
- At least 3 years of experience in supporting, partnering and interacting with business clients
- At least 4 years of Financial Services Risk management experience
- At least 6 years in workplace safety, security, or crisis management experience
- At least 6 years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects and programs in Risk
- Certified Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Security or workplace safety certification such as Certified Protection Professional, Physical Security Professional, or OSHA 30-hour General Industry Card
- Experience in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel) or Google Suites (Sheets & Slides)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).