Lum’s Auto Center is hiring quick lube technicians
We strive to take care of our customers in our service department and often times that starts with our quick lube technicians. We take pride in the work of our technicians and reward our employees for their hard work. Lum’s Auto Center provides opportunities of growth for our employees and creates an environment, our employees enjoying being in.
Responsibilities of our quick lube technicians at Lum’s Auto Center:
- Eagerness to improve
- Entry-level qualifications, including Diagnostic, Electrical and Engine Repair preferred
- Strong physical dexterity for working with tools
- Collaborates well with others in a team setting
- Strong communication skills
- Punctual and reliable
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Positive, friendly attitude, along with a customer service mentality
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to learn new technology, repair and service procedures and specifications
- Able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
We ask that our candidates for quick lube technicians meet the qualifications:
- Document and perform work as outlined on repair order following all dealership and factory standards.
- Drain oil from crankcase and refill with required amount of oil; replace oil and air filters.
- Inspect vehicle fluid levels and replace or replenish as necessary.
- Check tire pressure and add air if needed.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Keep shop area neat and clean.
- Maintain accountability for all dealership-owned tools and manuals.
- Operate all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership.
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment.
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
- Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers are well-informed of any additional services needed.
- Provide an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
- Executing repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications.
For our employees, we provide benefits:
- Paid training
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts on products and services
- Car demo program
- Donation match
At Lum's Auto Center we strive to make every customer a customer for life. Happy employees make happy customers, and we reward individuals who are ready to work hard and stay motivated. Every employee at Lum's Auto Center is absolutely critical to its success. Our promise is to keep delivering the same award winning service and value that our community has come to expect from our dealership through the years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Posting ID: 568030493Posted: 2021-01-24