Job Description: Reports To: Rental/Retail Manager
Department: Commercial Operations
Status: Full Time Seasonal
Join us as we take on a re-envisioning of Ski Granby Ranch. We are a new resort and hospitality management company, but we have a way of doing business that has been forged by over forty years in the mountain resort and hospitality sectors. You will become part of an organization that is fundamentally biased towards team. We look for people who share our ethos:
• Team Success. We succeed only when the team succeeds; importantly, that success is the team’s success. We support each other with resources, constructive feedback, and positive encouragement.
• Continuous Improvement. We are in a constant mode of innovating, creating, and executing, all of which is thoughtfully balanced with a foundational sense of focus and attention to detail.
• Every Team Member Matters. We recognize the value and contributions of all team members, without question. We are snowmakers who quietly go about our duties at midnight; human resources professionals who navigate the challenges of business in mountain communities; the back-of-house staff passionately dedicated to our craft. Whether you are a frontline team member or a divisional leader, we thrive under the philosophy that no role is insignificant.
• Professionalism & Relatability. We sit in boardrooms. We turn wrenches. We flip burgers. We believe an egalitarian culture, respect, shared passion, and a sense of community among mountain people is imperative to success.
Assist in the daily operations of the rental shop, including assisting guests in the entire process from paperwork to proper fitting and preparation of all rental equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintain an organized, clean, efficient workspace and maintain sanitization throughout the day in accordance with COVID-19 regulations and company policy.
• Assist guests in all aspects of the rental experience, including setup of ski and snowboard rental equipment, filling out rental forms, adjusting equipment and answering questions.
• Maintain an efficient, clean and safe rental shop at all times.
• Prevent internal and external theft at all times.
• Maintain rental fleet and inventory including boots, skis, snowboards, poles and snowshoes.
• Assist in testing skis and snowboards.
• Assist in tracking equipment, inventory, check in and check out processes.
• Complete all data input and paperwork organization daily.
• Other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Look for and present new ideas to better serve the organization and guests.
• Act as a positive, professional role model, adhering to the company’s hospitality standards.
• Maintain an exceptional level of guest service in all interaction with guests, fellow employees, and management.
• Assist and support other departments for races, events and operations on high volume days.
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of winter snow sport equipment.
• Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
• Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Speak, read, write in English fluently.
• Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Must be physically capable to perform strenuous exercise at 8,000-10,000 feet with adverse weather conditions (if outside job).
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Must be able to lift boots, bindings and skis for an extended period of time.
• Dexterity for utilizing keyboard (or insert hand tools, ski equipment, knives, kitchen equip etc).
• Verbal and auditory abilities necessary for communication with others.
• Skiing, Walking, Kneeling, Squatting, Climbing (ladders), Reaching, Grabbing, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Sitting, Standing.
• Weekend and holiday work required.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.