As a Policy Analyst, you will work with clients, colleagues, and stakeholders to support scientific programs across the Federal government. This position will include supporting a wide range of programs that administer scientific work, develop science policies, and manage scientific programs. Key skills that youll bring include strong communication skills, excellent organizational skills and the ability to envision, recommend, and implement solutions to our clients business challenges.
- Location: Rockville, MD Ripple Effect HQ
- Client(s):Position supports our government clients, including theNational Institutes of Health(NIH)
- Position Information:Full-Time, Regular, and Exempt
- Vacancy: One Opening.
- Security Level: Ability to perform on federal contracts which includes successful completion of SF85, SF85P, SF86, or similar form to pass a background investigation.
- Travel Required:This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings.
- Relocation Expenses:No relocation expenses may be authorized for this position.
Ripple Effect is seeking applicants for a full-time Policy Analyst role to join our Program Management and Policy Division. We are looking for individuals with a background in science to support all aspects of policy development and implementation. The Policy Analyst will join our headquarters staff working on projects across multiple agencies. A successful candidate will be a scientific generalist with the ability to explain scientific concepts and think creatively. We are looking for a self-starter who gets the job done, can handle a wide range of support tasks, and enjoys the energy of intelligent colleagues and fast-paced programs.
The main responsibilities for the individual in this position may include: data analysis, policy research, analytical writing, project management, and policy implementation. As this position will involve close interaction with our clients, superior communication and organizational skills are required. A successful applicant should have a thorough understanding of NIH's mission, biomedical research, and science policy.
- Support policy implementation processes encompassing a wide range of tasks including policy development, report writing, and strategic planning
- Write, review, and/or edit policy documents based on changing regulations and policies
- Participate in working group meetings and other similar committees, including agenda development, taking meeting minutes, and compiling summaries for leadership
- Monitor progress on projects and programs by developing and tracking documents and reviewing metrics; perform qualitative and quantitative analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of policies and programs
- Coordinate and consolidate reports for customers, stakeholders, and organization leaders
- Provide technical support by editing and updating documents, reports, websites, and other written communications; provide content and editorial support for briefings and notices
- Prepare for and summarize client communications and correspondence
- Track internal project functions, specifically the progress of tasks
- Perform other duties related to the core functions of the role
Minimum Education and Experience
- Completion of a bachelors degree in biomedical or healthcare field
- 2 years of professional experience
- Ability to pass a Public Trust Background Investigation [Reference]
- Proficiency with the use of Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint, and Outlook; including the ability to prepare and maintain intermediate-level spreadsheets in Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for face-to-face interaction with clients, coworkers, and stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills; demonstrated capacity for detailed organization and synthesis of abstract and disparate information
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently, using your own initiative and resources to succeed.
Skills that Will Set You Apart
If youdonthave all of the skills below, dont be discouragedno resumepaintsa completepicture of a person.Theres a good chance youre more wonderful than you think, so please apply!
- Advanced degree in a biomedical-related field
- Previous experience with NIH, HHS, or other federal agencies
- Science policy experience in a federal agency or in Congress
- Background in environmental health, behavioral health, or biomedical research
- Ability to work across a variety of advanced technology platforms (e.g., SharePoint, QVR, MadCap Flare, iSearch, IN-SPIRE)
- Advanced skills in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SPSS, and Outlook
- Coding language (e.g., SQL) knowledge
- Experience with plain language and writing scientific content for a broad audience
- Strong analytical skills with quantitative and/or qualitative research experience
What Makes a SuccessfulRippler?
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required to be successful in the role. Other duties may be assigned to help make our clients successful and achieve our company goals. We have designed the introductory period to convey company core values and clear expectations of your role.
- You pay attention to the details.Anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time.So,youstay organized, meetcommitmentsanddeadlines,workefficiently,and always checkyour work.
- You communicate clearly.Youconsideryour audience and take care to get your points acrossprofessionally and concisely,both in writing and when speakingtoothers. Yourecomfortableinteractingwith clients, coworkers,and stakeholders, andrespect everyones perspective.
- You work independently.You know how to manage competing deadlineson multiplesimultaneousprojectsand can adapt when you need to re-prioritize.When youre stuck, youtake initiative to find resources, and yourecomfortableaskingfor helpwhenyou need it.
- Youreeager to learn. Youhave a track record of learning new things, especiallyprograms, technology, and processes.You embrace change, andif you cant find a teacher, you teach yourself.Once you learnsomething new, you are excited to evaluateitand teach it to others.
Ripple Effect provides professional consulting services and exceptional talent to federal, private, and non-profit clients to support some of the most crucial policies and programs that shape our nation. Our multi-disciplinary team, across communications & outreach, research & evaluation, policy & program management, and strategic staffing domains, empowers us to build common sense, tailored solutions that make our clients successful, no matter their challenges. Ripple Effect is a diverse and inclusive environment, full of bright, insightful, and intentional people who value and reward adaptability, lifelong learning, and authenticity.
We reward our employeesfor their contributions to our missionin many ways,fromcompetitive payandexceptional benefits,toa range of work/life programs based on employment classification. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life, long-term disability, and other insurance products
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Performance & Professional development
- Flexible schedules andremoteworkarrangements
Qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits;
Employmenteligibility will be verified usingE-verify;
Applicantsmay be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in ourInformed Consent Policy; and
Applicantswill not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply,or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of ourFuture Rippler jobsor join ouremail newsletter!