Virginia Green is the largest locally owned lawn care company in Central Virginia with over 200 associates. Since our founding in 2004, we have provided the very best lawn care services, which include lawn fertilization, weed control applications, tree and shrub care, aeration and seeding and more. Virginia Green has grown our business year over year by keeping our customers satisfied through agronomic expertise and experience as well as superior customer service. Today, Virginia Green is proud to successfully service residential and commercial lawns not only in Richmond but in Williamsburg, Charlottesville, Fredericksburg and Northern Virginia too. Virginia Green offers competitive pay and benefits as well as opportunity for growth.
The Service Leader is responsible for providing Lawn care, aeration and seed, tree and shrub care and other services sold by Virginia Green. Makes timely lawn and landscape applications using hand and powered equipment to apply fertilizer, insecticides, fungicides and herbicides. This position reports to the production support manager.
Lawn Care/Tree and Shrub Primary Essential duties:
- Working individually or with a crew to provide services to all properties on assigned route. Using hand and powered equipment, apply fertilizer, fungicides, herbicides and aeration and seeding for pest and week control in lawns
- Comply with all state and federal regulations, company policies and procedures and guidelines for Virginia Green and Virginia Department of Agricultural services.
- Manage route generated by Routing Efficiency Manager by using our Mobile device management.
- Perform thorough inspection and evaluations of customer properties; solve service issues by communicating agronomic advice to customers
- Interact with customers if present to determine any concerns and existing conditions. Sell additional services to existing and prospective customers
- Conduct final inspection of lawn to ensure all work was performed correctly, completely and granular products are blown off hard surfaces
- Document services using mobile technology accurately and legibly
- Service Leader will maintain the company vehicles and equipment per guidelines.
- Assist with training new service leaders
- Assist with maintaining and cleaning facility and grounds
- May be required to work outside of normal schedule, including overtime, weekends and holidays as it may be necessary to fulfill the duties or the needs of the business.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance as outlined in the associate handbook and follow PPE and safety regulations and work in a safe manner.
Aeration and Seeding Crew Leader Essential duties:
- Aerate and seed lawns in accordance with Virginia Green procedures
- Manager crew and safely transport Aeration and Seeding crew and equipment to job sites
- Ensures all work is done in a neat and efficient manner
- Final inspections of lawn to ensure all work was performed correctly, completely, property is tidy and there is not damage
Required Qualifications / Attributes
- Must obtain a VDACS Registered Technician certificate within 30 days of date of hire. Training provided and fees paid by Virginia Green.
- Be able to navigate a truck and trailer
- Must be available to work from August to end of October
- Be able to work between the hours of 6:30 am- 5:30 pm (or until the job is finished)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Operate company vehicle in compliance with federal, state, local laws and company policy. Maintain a valid driver's license and clean driving record. Follow proper safety protocols while working with equipment. Driving record must pass insurability test
- Be able to drive long distances or an eight to nine-hour shift
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Position involves, standing, sitting, stooping, kneeling, pushing, lifting, carrying and moving objects up to 50 pounds. Walk long distances in all weather conditions
Education and Experience
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years of related experience in a customer service environment
- Previous lawn care experience preferred
- Able to analyze situations and determine appropriate resolution
*Virginia Green is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 601426973Posted: 2021-01-27