Location: (Woburn, MA)
Job Type: Full-time - 40 hours per week (In an office setting, this is NOT a remote job.)
Experience Required: 5+ Years.
Education Required: Associate Degree in Accounting or a related discipline is preferred.
RL Controls, LLC is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Staff Accountant who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The position is based in Woburn, MA.
The Staff Accountant reports directly to the Controller and assists in reconciling accounts, running reports, analyzing data, organizing information and assisting in other areas such as collections and inventory. The ideal candidate has a solid basis in existing accounting practices, believes in strong documented processes, and is dynamic enough to switch roles quickly. The candidate must be highly organized, proactive, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and will need to be able to pivot and handle situations in a level-headed manner. An existing background in account reconciliation, monthly close, and strong Excel skills are required.
· Manage Process from initial bidding, contracts, purchase orders, packing slips, invoicing, receive payments, manage related bid and purchase order trackers for accuracy
· Prepare weekly invoices
· Maintain DBE/SBA Status for 34 states
· Code, verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivables
· Conducts routine data entry management for accounting records including accounts payable, billing, and accounts receivable.
· Conduct Collection calls on a weekly basis
· Process bid requests and create PO and invoices to be processed
· Assist with the coordination of contractors to fit-up office space
· Experience working with the recording of Fixed Asset and depreication
· Serve as backup to administrative assistance; answer phones, open mail received packages etc.
· Support Controller with special projects
· Ability to take initiative, work under pressure, and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
· Willingness to serve the needs and goals of the team.
· Strong finance and accounting knowledge
· Experience working with Inventory.
· Ability to use accounting software to record, store, and analyze financial data.
· Experience working with an ERP accounting system.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
RLC is an EEO Employer and uses E-Verify. RLC will offer a competitive salary with benefits including health-dental-vision-life insurance, personal time-off, holidays, 401(k) to qualified candidate.
Sponsorship is not available for this job.