Software Tester (automation)
Location Chantilly, VA
Required Clearance Level Secret
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? An award-winning organization that has a proven track record of successfully providing IT services and solutions both as a prime and sub-contractor on mission focused IT programs. Our employees are integral players in support of mission-critical programs focused on our National Security.
The candidate will develop an automated test framework for a high profile, mission critical, internationally-deployed software application. A successful candidate will work with other software developers and testers across multiple scrum teams to develop a test strategy, design application test harnesses, improve the continuous integration build process, track defects, and ensure that QA goals are met. This position is expected to begin in November. Qualified candidates encouraged to apply immediately.
- Testing all aspects of the system including Java and web-based front end running on Windows clients, Linux servers, and Oracle/Postgres database, to ensure all components work on a variety of hardware ranging from simple workstations to high-end servers.
- Test environment includes bare metal as well as VM servers. Tester must have sufficient hardware/software experience to build and configure workstations and/or servers independently or with minimal guidance to create test environments that mirror a multitude of installed baselines.
- May be asked to create tests for ad hoc situations such as replicating field-reported problems or load testing under specific conditions.
- The tester must quickly become expert on system functionality and that of various peripheral devices as well as the requirements that drove system design.
- He/she must develop understanding of user workflow to create, document, and execute test plans.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are required to create test scenarios and/or scripts; document test results; and communicate issues to the development team while also identifying possible solutions and/or workarounds for problems.
- Ensure a bullet-proof system is delivered to the field.
- Tester may be assigned to support one or more ongoing Agile Scrum teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or 8 years of relevant technical experience.
- 8+ years as a software/system tester, integrator, or developer.
- 8+ years of basic SQL.
- 4+ years working in an Agile Development Environment.
- Agile Development Processes.
- To be considered for this role you must hold a minimum Active Secret security clearance.
Desired Skills, Education, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with Atlassian Suite of tools – JIRA, Confluence.
- Selenium Test Automation Experience
Posting ID: 563379775Posted: 2021-01-16