Road Machinery is a Komatsu heavy construction and mining equipment company based in Phoenix, AZ, with branches extending from west Texas through northern California. RML is a great place to work, where career development and growth, company stability, honesty, and integrity are all core values. At Road Machinery, we focus on teamwork, bring a progressive business approach to the market, have a dynamic set of product and service offerings, and believe in the development of our employees to sustain our Company for the future. Please learn about our Company by visiting RML’s website at www.roadmachinery.com and we believe you’ll see that Road Machinery is a great place to work!
Road Machinery’s vision is to be the leading equipment distributor supplying difference making products and service to maximize customers’ satisfaction. Road Machinery is an equal opportunity employer where diversity is highly valued.
Supervise shop and field employees. Monitor, review and process invoices including internal sales, rental and customer invoices. Promote sales in service for both the Shop and Field Service within the customer areas. Will be handling after-hour phone calls. Must be able to fill in as a Field Mechanic, being able to fill in where/when needed.
- Provides leadership in scheduling and prioritizing RML workload.
- Provides problem/issue resolution for technicians to ensure they are kept fully utilized.
- Assists Service Manager with administrative/paperwork responsibilities.
- Completes all paperwork and reporting; ensures all paperwork is submitted within the allowed timeframe with complete information.
- Inspects equipment and reports to Manager and/or Customer when additional repairs are required, preventing possible customer dissatisfaction and increasing Service Department revenue opportunities.
- Observes and complies with all EH&S system training and instructions, and promptly reports unsafe conditions to management; promotes safety among peers.
- Generate new customers and sales by "cold calling" to promote RML services.
- Assist in expanding our specialty services and marketing these as well by sharing new ideas and shop promotions to generate new business.
- Control expenses in the shop and field on all jobs while maintaining positive profit margins.
- Expedite invoice process with thorough communication and positive customer relations.
- Meet budget sales figures and maintain budgeted gross profit margins while minimizing rework.
- Collaborates effectively with others for the success of the department; promotes a free flow of information & ideas across departments/units.
- Ensures all customers, internal and external, are kept informed of issues.
- Learns and understands the function of this department and others within the Branch. Prepares themselves for possible other assignments by continuous learning.
- Assists technicians in the timely completion of work; provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced technicians.
- Applicants must have prior experience in heavy equipment repair.
- Experience with Komatsu equipment preferred but not required.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
- This position requires daily proficient use of a company-provided personal computer.
- Incumbent will be trained in and must be capable of using the Road Machinery eXtend software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook for email required.
- Thorough understanding of MS Excel, knowing how to manipulate spreadsheets.
- Shop/warehouse environment with exposure to heat, cold, dust, dirt and noise.
- Field environment with exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust and dirt.
- Occasional travel and overnight stays.
Physical / Mental Abilities:
- Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented; work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 1-4 hours a day, and/or sit 5-6 hours a day.
- Occasionally/frequently lift 50 lbs.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, squat and climb; including ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Must use feet for repetitive movement when operating equipment controls.
Base Salary Full Company benefits package including medical, life, dental, vision, sick time, vacation, and 401(K).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.