The Position: This position directly supports one Workers' Compensation Attorney and involves communicating with clients, monitoring medical treatment, handling administrative duties and assisting the Worker’ Compensation attorney in managing and organizing their case load from intake to closure. The ideal candidate should have at least two to four years of Workers' Compensation experience, but we are willing to train on specific state regulations.
· SCWCC state specific forms and regulations
· NCIC state specific forms and regulation
· Medical Coordination
· Time-Management/ Prioritization
· Works well under pressure
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Serve as the daily point of contact for the firm’s workers’ compensation clients
- Note the client’s file on all activities.
- Assists attorneys in filing NCIC and SCWCC forms
- Organizes files and assist with scheduling and preparation of cases for mediation
- Assists WC attorney in contacting defense counsel and WC adjusters regarding medical treatment needed by clients, indemnity checks, medical mileage, and other client and case needs
- And various other duties as assigned or as they relate to the client’s case.
- Minimum of two years’ office/legal administrative experience required
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative to complete duties without supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task while maintaining high attention to detail
- Experience with Needles preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
· 401(k) retirement plan with match
· Long Term Disability plan
· Paid time off and sick pay
· Paid holidays
Posting ID: 563366486Posted: 2021-01-27