Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than six fold order book increase since 2000.
The Customer Services Accounting Manager (Contract) reports directly to the Head of Accounting in Airbus Americas, Inc. (solid line). In this role, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating Accounting activities for Airbus Americas and its subsidiaries, working closely with the controllers, with Operations and the Finance stakeholders.
This position will liaise as well with Financial Systems, Treasury department, Controllers, Tax department and Accounting department from Airbus Group Accounting and Consolidation team.
The Customer Services Accounting Manager (Contract) will ensure accuracy of Accounts Receivables, of the quality and accuracy of the balance sheet, of management allocation of the costs to mirror the business structure as well as some G/L Accounting activities in compliance with IFRS rules and US GAAP when applicable as well as Airbus Group Accounting Manual.
In addition to the required financial skills, the candidate will need excellent analytical and communication skills, proficiency with Airbus financial systems, team player and be customer oriented.
- The job holder will contribute and monitor monthly/quarterly/annual closing process for Airbus Americas entities:
- Anticipate / prepare period end closing activities with functions & program controllers
- Ensure Airbus Americas G/L and cost centers closing (i.e. accruals bookings, allocation cycles ...
- Contribute to improvement on the closing process,
- Support month-end analysis on the financial statements including balance sheet and profit and loss statement by implementing quality checks and controls,
- Provide guidance for the Finance team on best practices, Accounting advice and accounting principles.
- Reporting to Airbus Group, Tax department, External auditors and Internal Stakeholders:
- The job holder will ensure on time and on quality reporting to the different stakeholders including Airbus Group, Finance controllers, and External Auditors as required.
- Support continuous improvement projects/activities:
- Be a key partner for program and functions controllers by supporting improvement initiatives and deep dive analysis of the accounts,
- Active coordination and alignment with Airbus Group Finance team.
Accounts Receivables Customer Services: 40%
- While Airbus is manufacturing commercial aircraft, Airbus Services purpose is to further enhance safety in the aviation industry, strengthen our relationship with our customers and contribute to a more sustainable future.
- The job holder will be the prime interface with Customer Services Contract team for the North American and Latin American Region.
- He or she will be in charge of the accuracy of the accounts receivables accounts that shall reflect accuracy of the customer's statements, cash accounting allocation, sub-ledger and ageing
This will include the cash allocation to the customer accounts as well as any credit and advances payments granted to customers.
Function & Program Accounting: 40%
- On the other Airbus Americas entities perimeter, the jobholder will assess accuracy of the Airbus Americas operating costs allocation by cost centers and functions in full coordination with other AA controllers to ensure accuracy of data and propose improvements to consolidation process.
- Support monthly close process by working closely with the controlling team and advice on corrections. He or she will ensure that closing instructions and deadlines are met and provide support as needed.
- Ensure quality of year-to-date actual data through consistency checks with financial system reporting, general accounting, and purchasing officers of the function.
- Be a focal point and business partner to the Customer Services controllers in the analysis of their Opex, P&L and Balance sheet
- Coordinate with Treasury to ensure compliance, accuracy and timely of the Treasury operations, cash accounting and transactions.
Project Management: 20%
- Ensure implementation of SAP system enhancements and other financial tools that enhance operational effectiveness
- Provide guidance on Accounting methodology,
- Ensure implementation compliance, segregation of duties and internal controls rules
- Support the Head of Accounting and other Finance department in special projects.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- BS in Business Administration, Accounting skills, and Finance required
- Additional accounting/financial studies preferred (CPA, MBA...)
- Good knowledge of SAP modules FI and CO,
- Eight years or more of experience in finance, auditing and/or accounting in a commercial or industrial environment involving tight deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Demonstrated leadership in resolving or escalating issue resolution, team building, training and team support.
- Good communication skills, rigor, conscientious,
- Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks, build strong cross functional relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization,
- Promote speak-up culture
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- 5 to 10% Domestic and International
- Authorized to Work in the US
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Development of accounting staff regarding best practices, efficiency, financial analyses.
- Development and implementation of strategic shared-services initiatives for an optimum performance.
- Collaboration and coordination with other One-Roof affiliates on financial control processes in accordance with Airbus Group mandates.
- Forward-thinking, anticipating business issues and providing input to business decisions.
- Reports to the Head of Accounting.
Direct Reports: Exempt: 0
Nature of Contacts:
Involved Communication on a regular basis with internal and external parties
This position is a temporary (contract) position with no specific time period but could be extended or shortened as needed. Contractors are employed by a 3rd party vendor and placed on assignment to Airbus in America.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered. Job Posted by ApplicantPro