Tax Accountant, Manager
Our growing tax department is seeking a Tax Accountant, Manager to join our dynamic tax team to support a variety of middle-market clients representing various industries including energy, biotech, consulting, technology, and government contracting.
The Tax Accountant, Manager, is responsible for the preparation of complex income tax returns ensuring all federal and state income tax returns are prepared timely and accurately and in compliance with applicable laws.
Further responsibilities include mentoring and training tax staff and working with the tax and accounting teams in ensuring that clients are serviced efficiently and effectively. The right candidate may be given the opportunity to work remotely.
- Prepares complex multi-state corporate, passthrough and individual income tax returns as well as some trust and non-profit returns
- Preparation of tax return work papers; tax projections and related estimated payments; analyze client information and offer recommendations for reducing client tax liabilities; perform tax research.
- Prepare ASC 740 calculation and work-papers
- Prepare foreign compliance work-papers and forms, such as Form 3520, 3520-A, 5471, 5472, 8865, 8858, and calculations related to GILTI, FDII
- Train and mentor tax staff in the tax preparation processes.
- Assist in preparation and review of our clients' various compliance returns such as 1099 year-end tax information reporting; monthly or quarterly sales tax reports; annual business license and personal property tax returns.
- Stay current on latest tax law changes. Take advantage of continuing education opportunities.
- Assist with general administrative functions of the Tax Department.
- Perform special projects, as necessary, including assisting staff with research projects.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in tax preparation and planning at a regional firm or larger advising companies on their tax strategies.
- Exhibits all the senior-level competencies
- Excellent knowledge of federal and state tax laws and regulations and the ability to perform tax research using research software.
- Proficiency in the use of tax software
- Experience in CCH Axcess, and CCH Engagement a plus
- Strong knowledge of business tax returns (1120, 1120-S, and 1065)
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with senior management, and client administration
- Ability to work independently, using sound judgment and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and timelines
- Strong reconciliation and analysis skills.
- Must be a team player and be willing to work over-time (including weekends) when necessary to meet client needs
- Strong client service focus.
- Responsive to needs of colleagues and clients.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be thorough and accurate
- High integrity with a strong work ethic.
Bachelors' degree required.
Master's degree in taxation preferred.
CPA not required but it would be expected that you are working towards this goal.
What You'll Get with RFS: RFS is passionate about serving our clients and is dedicated to being a great place to work. Our professional work environment involves working alongside the best and the brightest accounting and information technology professionals, and a well-defined career track with long-term growth opportunities. RFS also offers a comprehensive benefits packing including health insurance subsidies up to 80%, Work + Life Fit options, 401(k) with company match, and educational reimbursements.
Posting ID: 593397007Posted: 2021-01-20