Director of Human Resources (Ashburn, VA)
The Director of Human Resources will be the senior HR adviser to executive leadership, reporting to the CEO. This HR leader role is both strategic and hands-on in providing full cycle Human Resource functions. Will direct and lead an existing HR team of (3): HR Manager, HR Generalist and Recruiter in fulfilling all HR related functions (staff development; benefits administration; payroll administration; state and federal statute compliance) for a growing mid – sized government contractor. Will also lead a start-up company (AVR Alliance, Inc.) – an IT staff augmentation company. Given this both companies are growing very fast and we need an individual who is strong in direct Recruitment and implementing Recruitment strategies to help the company grow at the current pace.
About DSI (DISYS Solutions, Inc.)
DSI is an expanding company providing IT solutions and services for more than 25 years with headquarters in the thriving Dulles Technology corridor (Ashburn, Virginia). We are committed to employee satisfaction through our benefits program and a friendly, team-based culture. DSI is a positive environment to grow, learn, and excel as an industry professional.
If you are looking for an exciting place to work that challenges your abilities and is financially solid and growing every year, then this is the place for you!
DSI is a fun place to work and, in addition to this, we offer an environment where employees are collaborative and welcoming. Company sponsored benefits include 401(k) with a discretionary employer match of up to 3% of gross comp, medical/dental/life/short & long-term disability insurance, PTO, and company paid holidays.
- Support and execute the strategic direction of HR, including implementation of high-value added HR processes which support business goals.
- Partner and coach managers on positive collaboration with their staff.
- Will oversee the recruitment process for all open reqs.
- Will implement strong talent acquisition strategies and sustained programs for continued strong and robust month to month hiring of corporate and field staff.
- Act as a change agent for key business initiatives and as an advocate in the communication of HR changes
- Formulate partnerships across the business to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization
- Use data driven HR business insights to provide solutions and recommendations to management
- Support and execute the strategic direction of HR, including implementation of high-value added HR processes that support business goals and objectives
- Directs enforcement of all company policies and procedures.
- Oversees timesheet procedures for Hourly, Salary and Consultant Employees.
- Directs and oversees the confidential management and maintenance of employee payroll records.
- Directs and participates in payroll preparation, including supervising the coordination of activities with the information systems department.
- Direct and oversee New Hire Orientation, Employee Benefits, Recruitment, Maintain Personnel Files, Employee Classifications, Employee Events
- Oversees HR staff team with benefit enrollment including health, dental, retirement (401k plan)
- Oversees HR staff team for all payroll processing (adpworkforcenow)
- Audit performance appraisals. Make recommendations and provide guidance as needed.
- Develop, revise and/or publish and implement policies and programs.
- Foster positive employment attitude toward organization goals.
- Direct and oversee immigration processing of H1B visas and Green Cards and other such immigration status.
- Analyze and interpret periodicals, professional journals and government regulations and changes in legislation as pertinent to Human Resource laws and practices.
- Provide consultation on the personnel implications of planned changes in Management policy or programs, and the effects on the organization of economic or market trends.
- Direct the efforts, develop and empower HR team to maximize full potential and to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Provide leadership development and programs accordingly. Executive coaching, including strategic planning, various skills assessments, and development tools administered for supervisory, career pathing, and succession planning.
- Perform other related duties as required. *
*Related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but that are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s class of work.
Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of experience as a HR Manager or Director of HR
- Must have strong experience managing a recruitment team and aligning resources for a strong talent acquisition practices and program.
- Experience leading and/or managing payroll administration is required
- Required Education: Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business Management or Administration
- 5-7 years delivery various training and development programs for all levels of management. Examples of PowerPoint presentations and work will be asked for during the interview process.
- Deep knowledge of Human Resources practices and a demonstrated ability to provide solutions in a complex and fast moving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have proven experience working as a business partner with a leadership team
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously and working in an environment which requires flexibility
- Strong HR acumen in employment regulations
- Ability to receive and maintain a security clearance
- Master Degree in HR preferred
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 593942058Posted: 2021-01-22