Are you looking for an engineering career that is challenging and satisfying? Then join our Raytheon Technologies team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) has a professional opening for a Principal Cloud Infrastructure Engineer. This position will lead teams to perform network and infrastructure engineering tasks pertaining to LAN/data center system design, development, implementation, integration, and troubleshooting activities. The qualified individual should possess knowledge and experience with network technologies, services, operations, and security.
Ability to obtain a current US Government TS/SCI security clearance is required for this position This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus of up to $40k for a candidate with a current verifiable TS/SCI clearance that is hired by Raytheon Technologies. Required:
- 8+ years of progressively responsible experience including technical leadership in design, and implementation of hardware and systems portfolios.
- Knowledge of both traditional and private/public cloud infrastructure designs
- Experience adopting and implementing DevOps tools and processes (Infrastructure build automation, container orchestration, continuous integration pipelines)
- Hyper converged computing experience including experience with Nimble and NetApp
- Experience with system patching and update tools including YUM, WSUS, ESXi
- Proficient at building, maintaining, managing and monitoring servers running Linux
- Proficient with patching and patch management
- Proficient with Linux operating systems including RHEL and Ubuntu.
- Knowledge and experience of Application and Security protocols, such as Solarwinds, HBSS, Certificates & Tokens, RSA, McAfee SIEM, McAfee SIEM, McAfee IPS/IDS, Rubrik Host Backup System, SAN storage, and Active Directory
- Knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and support of VMware's product line, including vCenter vSphere, vCloud, Director,View and SRM.
- Experience in working with highly hardened/secure environments
- Experienced professional knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, IPSec, GRE tunnels, multicasting and traffic balancing techniques.
- Experienced professional understanding of Internet routing, BGP, OSPF, Tunneling, Ethernet switching, Linux, and related networking technologies including Cisco iOS
- High level of motivation, self-starter, ability to demonstrate effective project management and completion of complex engineering tasks with little guidance
Education Requirements: Requires a degree in Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field and 8 years of related work experience.
- Proficient and self-reliant in at least one modern scripting or programming language such as Python, and Go.
- Familiarity with systems configuration management, orchestration, and infrastructure as code with tools such as Ansible and/or Terraform
- Familiarity with networks
- Experience with VMWare or KVM
- Experience with public cloud offerings
- Experience as a system administrator for a Splunk cluster, or similar SIEM platform
- Install, configure, and maintain a SAN
- Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posting ID: 600404078Posted: 2021-01-18