The QA Inspector / Coordinator will perform various visual, dimensional and material inspection on machined, cast and fabricated parts produced in-house or provided by a 3rd party supplier. This is a unique role that will also involve inspection of components using a FARO Quantum Arm coordinate measuring device. Other responsibilities will include oversight of the site’s gauge calibration system and assistance with root cause investigations as necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducts and documents visual, dimensional, non-destructive inspection results and signs off/witnesses other non-destructive testing activities that occur within the shop including: air test, hydro-test, 3rd party magnetic particle inspections, dye penetrant inspection, ultrasonic inspections and other inspections to verify conformance to defined job requirements.
- Use a variety of precision measuring and inspection tools to verify conformance of complex parts to engineered drawings and work instructions. Verifies information on operator inspection records as necessary to ensure accuracy.
- Performs dimensional inspections using FARO coordinate measuring equipment. Proficiency with FARO Arm, collection of data and communicating results within inspection reports.
- Documents non-conformances. Tacks, Analyzes and Manages local NCR data and database. Investigates non-conforming trends and calls trends to the attention of the shop supervisor and service center manager. Submit monthly reports capturing NCR, Scrap and Rework data.
- Conducts inspections at outside vendors, certifying the acceptability of machined parts and/or machine part assemblies as required.
- Support local organization with: 5S Initiatives, Process Improvement evaluations, Root Cause Analysis and other CIP tasks as time allows.
- Inspects and certifies that precision instruments meet acceptable standards. May perform some minor repair work on instruments. Also includes servicing of gauges and inspection tolls and equipment; dismantling cleaning, setting and calibration as required.
- For the protection of self and others, performs all work in accordance with established safety practices and facility safety rules.
- Produces quality on time work in compliance with local quality management system requirements.
- Operates overhead crane and material moving equipment to move received items to designated areas.
- Maintains work area in a clean orderly fashion.
- Participates and Supports internal and external quality audit activity as well as vender qualification audits.
Qualifications and Skills
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Trade or Technical School in Machining , Manufacturing and or/Inspection discipline.
2-3 years preferred in Traditional Inspection activities using precise measurement devices to tolerances +/-.0005.
2-3 years preferred Farco coordinate measuring device usage.
5-6 years preferred Working with a formal Quality System.
5-6 years preferred Management of gauge calibration programs.
Completion of two to four years Trade or Technical School is highly preferred, or equivalent work experience, requiring use of advanced shop mathematics together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, handbook formulas, and a wide variety of precision measuring instruments. Must be able to read and write English.
- Works Safely
- Sense of Urgency
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Prolonged Standing
- Walking , bending , kneeling , twisting, bending stooping
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Hand and Eye Coordination
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/EEO/AAP
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 600426981Posted: 2021-01-23