Company: ROCO Real Estate
Position: Maintenance Technician
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non exempt
Founded in 2012, ROCO Real Estate is a privately owned and operated full service real estate investment and management company headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, MI. ROCO currently owns approximately 20,000 apartment units across 13 states and has over 500 employees. ROCO has a long-term hold strategy for our assets, which means that when we invest in real estate we are making a meaningful commitment. We have experienced record growth due to hiring the best professionals in the industry. ROCO makes significant investments in our employees and properties. We treat our residents and Investor partners the way we would want to be treated, if our positions were reversed.
We are defined by our unique culture – centered around young entrepreneurs making waves in an old industry. ROCO’s greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people. We focus on customer-service and reward impact.
About this position:
Provide assistance and support to the Maintenance Supervisor in all areas of property maintenance as well as act as the maintenance supervisor in his/her absence. The main function of this position is to organize and complete resident work orders. Candidates must have the ability to prioritize work orders on a daily basis while maintaining material inventory.
· Coordination and oversight of all service requests/work orders, and ensuring that all are completed in efficient, effective and timely manner.
· Ensuring that all work orders are handed in on time.
· Maintain a count of outstanding work orders and report to the maintenance foreman on a daily basis at least.
· Responsible to recognize when service requests become overbearing (over 50 outstanding at any given time) and make recommendation to the maintenance supervisor and property manager as how to remedy the situation.
· Keep the maintenance shop neat, clean and safe.
· Work in on call rotations.
· Purchasing material as needed (with the permission of the Maintenance Supervisor).
· Assistance in snow removal at all the hours that this may require.
· Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds and negotiate stairs and ladders easily.
· Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
· Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
· Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
· Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends (on call rotation).
· Two (2) years’ experience in previous relevant field.
· Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
· Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
· Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
· Attendance is an imperative job function
· High school diploma or equivalent
ROCO is proud to provide its team members with: