The Order Selector uses a pallet-jack to manually select cases of grocery products from the bin location, palletizing, and shrink wrapping the merchandise and delivering it to a staging area without damage. Product selection is guided by instructions from inventory selection software through hands-free headset.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Pick product from bin locations by following instructions through hands-free headsets and speaking into headset to confirm location, wrap product with shrink-wrap following established procedures, and
- Efficiently operate a battery-powered pallet-jack.
- Build and transport a stable pallet of various food products up to seven feet high.
- Order Selector must meet established minimum productivity standards cases per hour working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure product integrity and the cold chain is maintained throughout the selection process.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment. May participate on company safety committee.
- May participate in panel interviewing process, but does not have authority to make hiring decisions.
- Adhere to company policies, standards and best practices, including safety and attendance standards.
- Other duties as assigned by management (or designee).
This is a non-management position. This position does not have the authority to make decisions concerning hiring, firing, demotions, promotions, or otherwise take tangible employment actions.
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Successful Completion of Powered Industrial Truck Operators Training (PITOT) certification required.
- Six to twelve months experience safely operating industrial equipment and/or order selecting preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Strong detail orientation is required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication, interpersonal skills. Language proficiency in Spanish or other languages are a plus in certain locations.
- Proficiency in basic math skills required, including accurate addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, and basic computer skills.
- Teamwork, self-motivated, problem-solving, and initiative to support the needs of a fast-paced environment.
- Must be dependable and flexible, including a willingness to work in other areas of the warehouse, as needed with little or no advance notice, and willingness to work shifts on varying days of the week, including holidays and weekends.
- Must be able to bend, twist, kneel, squat, turn, reach, pull, push, balance and lift objects up to 85 pounds, in a fast-paced environment for extended period of time.
- Must be able to transport various objects weighing 20-85 lbs. repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Must have the ability to stand, walk and move about for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand and balance throughout the shift while operating industrial equipment.
- Regularly works in warehouse environment with heat and cold, including freezers, coolers and refrigerators in temperatures as low as -15 degrees Fahrenheit.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.
Posting ID: 553663153Posted: 2020-07-14