Southern Maryland Electric Cooperative, Inc., has an immediate opening for a Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer (Engineering and Operations).
The Senior Vice President & COO manages the resources of the Engineering and Operations Department to provide quality member service through transmission and distribution plant planning, design, operations and maintenance to meet existing and projected electric system requirements and ensures the power delivery system is constructed and performing in compliance with federal and state regulations, national codes and applicable standards.
- establishes the principle design and operating expectations for the power delivery system and manages the planning and implementation process to ensure the system is able to perform as expected;
- approves the design of transmission, distribution, substation, and interconnection facilities to meet the electric system's ability to serve anticipated loads and operating requirements; directs the operation and maintenance of same;
- directs and coordinates the management of all phases of the regional operations; including distribution construction, operation and maintenance, regional engineering, meter reading and customer service.
As a member of the President & CEO's Executive Staff, this position:
- Sets goals in alignment with strategic priorities. Reviews organizational structure, systems, technologies, and processes to ensure they support strategic initiatives;
- Creates a culture that focuses on operational agility;
- Inspires and persuades others to follow direction, pursue and achieve goals, and adopt new positions;
- Facilitates and leads personnel through change;
- Leads by example;
- Promotes the values of trust and integrity throughout the organization.
Posting ID: 588547630Posted: 2020-11-27