CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Surgery can be very scary for a patient. It's our job to make sure surgical areas are ready for use when needed. Our Surg Techs ensure that the operating areas are sterile and clean while confirming all equipment needed works properly. If you are a Certified Surgical Technician and want to start a new career with an amazing group of healthcare professionals, see below what it takes to join our team.
What you'll do:
- Prepares the operating room for surgical procedures by ensuring the equipment is functioning properly and safely
- Prepares the operating room and the sterile field for surgical procedures by preparing sterile supplies, instruments, and equipment using sterile technique
- Demonstrates knowledge of human anatomy and pathophysiology and how it relates to the patient and surgical procedure
- Anticipates usual and unexpected events during the surgical procedure and responds in an efficient manner
- Handles and processes surgical specimens according to established policy/procedure
- Serves as a preceptor in training and orientation of fellow staff members and students
- Completion of an accredited Surgical Technology program
- License to practice in the State of Arkansas
- Certification in Surgical Technology
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Posting ID: 571080410Posted: 2020-09-27