The Sr. Consulting Engineer (Cloud) position is a combined sales support and professional services role within the UGI Engineering department. The general job function is to provide pre-sales, design, and implementation services to both sales teams and customers, including professional services delivery of infrastructure and software in related technical focus area: (e.g. network, server, storage, DevOps, cloud) projects, support proposal development, provide technical training to junior engineers and lead internal initiatives when required. This position is viewed primarily as a highly-skilled position for professionals who have at least 10 years of practical industry experience as an individual contributor. Primary Responsibilities:
• Provide technical services in the form of design, assessment, analysis, and troubleshooting, implementation, and documentation for related technology focus areas: (e.g. network, server, storage, DevOps, cloud, etc...)
• Provide pre-sales support to Sales, Bids/Proposals, and Business Development teams in the form of developing opportunity responses, Statements of Work, Level of Efforts (LOEs), and providing presentations to clients and serving as a technical expert in client meetings.
• Work with Project Management to serve as a project lead on technical deployments and customer engagements.
• Support UGI sales, Business Development, and Engineering in a pre-sales capacity to help position UNICOM Services and Solutions through new sales, add-on sales, and lead generation.
• Assist with design and implementation of new solutions related to specified technical focus areas
• Develop additional technical and professional skills through a career-track curriculum and self-learning experiences.
• Provide support and leadership on internal UGI initiatives such as process improvement, best practices, and research.
• Assist in identifying UGI sales opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities:
None Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related technical discipline. Equivalent experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. • Seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience providing sales and implementation support to a reseller or solutions integrator capacity. Required Technical Experience
• Work with UGI sales/solution architect teams to identify and respond to cloud opportunities
• Design and implementation of multi-cloud and hybrid cloud solutions
• Experience with either Azure or AWS cloud-hosting environments and related services
• Experience with data center technologies such as networking, virtualization, and security
• Experience performing migration of workloads to a cloud computing environment from an on-premise environment
Preferred Technical Experience
• Familiarity with implementation and operation of APM (Application Performance Management) tools for optimization and monitoring of cloud workloads
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum as well as DevOps development environment
• Familiarity with on-premise/hybrid cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure Stack and Amazon AWS Outposts
• Familiarity with automation and infrastructure-as-code tools and environments such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet, as well as container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Possess deep understanding, experience, and skills within a related technical focus area.
• Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
• Possess the ability to lead exploratory meetings with clients to drive a solution, a proposal, and assist in closing the deal.
• Must be able to work in a consultative manner to address client needs and develop a target solution.
• Possess demonstrated written and oral communication skills. • Possess demonstrated successes in collaboration and partnering with clients. • Possess the ability to listen critically, think quantitatively, and develop solutions to client business issues. • Possess a strong understanding of business fundamentals in accounting and finance, project management, and management.
• Must have a high-energy work ethic and be available to work non-standard hours during peak season times.
• Solid understanding of IT processes including ITIL concepts.
• Experience working with project management methods and creating project assets such as high-level designs, detailed designs as-built documentation as well as testing, implementation, and roll-back plans.
• Demonstrated leadership to grow and mentor other people. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Industry certifications related to cloud architecture (ex. Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Cisco CCNA Cloud, Cisco CCNP Cloud, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure) Travel Requirements: There are no travel requirements currently defined for this position. Security Clearance: TOP SECRET Clearance • Must have a current US Government TOP SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. Government administered investigation. • Must have a current US Government Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (less than 4 ½ years old) or be able to successfully complete a U.S. Government administered Single Scope Background Investigation. • Must be a U.S. citizen. • Must also be eligible for and able to maintain required Security Clearance/access approvals. Physical Demands/Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Work Environment: General office environment.