REQ#: RQ73679 Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Regular We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Mission Software Developer joining our team to support Government activities at Herndon, VA. At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Mission Software Developer directly supporting the customer, you will be trusted to provide critical development support to address the long-term mission goals of a high visibility and mission critical government office. In this role a typical day will include: * Working as part of a motivated, high-performing team
* Resolving critical development challenges that negatively impact the customer's mission
* Collaborating with teammates and government customers to identify process improvements
* Lending expertise and institutional knowledge to less experienced developers to improve the overall technical excellence of the team
* Designing and implementing user experience (UI) for web applications to enhance existing UI interfaces and design new interfaces. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: * Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* Minimum of 10 years related experience.
* Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
* Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated experience within an Agile environment; Demonstrated experience supporting development in sponsor's applications; Demonstrated experience supporting development in a micro-services environment; Demonstrated experience supporting development secure RESTful services; Demonstrated experience or certification in cloud technologies creating self-healing/auto-scaling systems. WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU * Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer's ability to effectively execute its mission.
* Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
* Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust. Applies advanced knowledge and provides guidance to all phases of the software development lifecycle. Applies advanced knowledge in analyzing user/business needs and functionality to plan and design software systems to meet those needs. Applies advanced knowledge to create a wide-variety of models and diagrams that show programmers the software code needed for an application. Applies advanced knowledge and provides guidance for software updates, refinement, testing, and debugging to meet business needs. Provides advanced and highly-valued analysis for reports on software project specifications, activities, or status. Provides advanced knowledge and guidance on the software or system process for optimal documentation and future maintenance and updates. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts. May serve as a mentor to less experienced analysts. May serve as team or task lead. (Not a people manager) DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 10+ years of experience. #OpportunityOwned #GDITCareers #GDITLife, #WeAreGDIT #GDITInterns #EnterpriseITPortfolioJobs
Posting ID: 603281371Posted: 2021-03-01