UIP Property Management (UIPPM) currently has an opportunity for a Leasing Consultant to work at Walker House in Gaithersburg (Montgomery Village), MD. Reporting to the Community Manager, the Leasing Consultant is the face of UIPPM and the property, often the first point of contact for prospective residents. This position allows you to build relationships with prospective residents and show them why they should select our property as their home. We are looking for someone with a proven track record in residential leasing and customer service, and we offer a generous commission structure. This is a great opportunity to establish yourself with an exciting, growing organization.
This is a part-time position, less than 30 hours a week.
- Gain an understanding of potential resident needs and provide information as to which of our apartments best fit those needs.
- Check curb appeal and apartments each morning to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Follow-up on prospect internet and phone leads to set appointments.
- Encourage prospective tenants to lease from us by positioning the property and its units in a favorable light and offering the best customer service.
- Process applications and gather the necessary verifications that support the application for the approval process and prepare the move-in paperwork.
- Conduct move-in orientation and ensure all move-in requirements are met to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Process and coordinate move-outs.
- Maintain a strong closing ratio.
- Complete reports on leasing activity, traffic, market information, and other vital information.
- Other activities, as requested.
- 1+ years’ leasing experience, residential experience preferred
- College degree desired, but not necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Demonstrated strong time management and organization skills
- Proven ability to sell and come up with creative solutions with high conversion ratios
- Ability to quickly develop rapport with prospective residents
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work well in a team setting
- Experience with Yardi, preferred
- Understanding of fair housing laws, preferred
- Bilingual, Spanish-English, preferred
- Must be able to work weekends
UIP Property Management is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Work for UIPPM and we’ll work for you!
UIPPM is a progressive, full-service property management company headquartered in Washington, DC. Our roots are in ownership, but our mission is providing exemplary, proactive and responsive customer service. The UIPPM team possesses extensive acquisition, redevelopment and asset management experience, helping the company become a premier management company in the Washington, DC region.
Posting ID: 568315824Posted: 2021-01-27