The Electrical (Sensor) Engineer is primarily responsible for research, design, development, testing and support of the electronic hardware and firmware used within ground penetrating radar systems. Responsibilities include support of new and legacy system architectures as well as individual sub-assemblies. Collaborate with software, algorithm and systems engineers in development and improvement of sensor solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop, test and maintain FPGA firmware.
- Develop verification plans and procedures.
- Participate in field tests of systems.
- Research new technology and development tools.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Design analog, digital, and mixed signal circuits.
- Test and maintain RF, analog, digital, and mixed signal circuits.
- Troubleshoot and repair circuits and systems.
- Schematic capture and layout of PCB’s.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Five to ten years of relevant engineering experience in Aerospace or Defense development environment designing, prototyping and troubleshooting to include the following areas:
- FGPA and CPLD development
- Data acquisition systems
- Sensore interfaces (accelerometers, temperature, etc.)
- High speed digital electronics
- Micro processor interfaces
- Communications interfaces (Ethernew, PCI-e, USB, RS232/422/485)
- Experience utilizing CAD software such as Mentor Graphics PADS to develop and document designs.
- Experience designing for and testing to Mil-STD 461 and MIL-STD 810 or equivalent
- Experience developing and documenting requirements and functional design descriptions
- Experience performing tests/verification in a customer environment.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Ground Penetrating Radar systems
- Knowledge of ultra-wideband RF systems
- Signal processing programming with MATLAB
- Current or ability to obtain DOD (Department of Defense) Secret Clearance
- RF ASIC design experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 593405011Posted: 2021-01-27