Position Overview: The Production Manager role combines leadership and empowerment allowing an individual to own the success of the Production department. The person in this position will be responsible for the overall performance of the production floor across multiple shifts in a manufacturing environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Manage and aid in the growth of USI’s production employees ranging from programmers, machinists, machine operators and production specialists.
· Maintain throughput of all production processes, working closely with the Production Scheduler to meet all scheduling commitments and proactively address capacity concerns that impact delivery.
· Implement a management style that creates a positive culture, promotes cohesion and collaboration, and ensures accountability for all employees within the department.
· Continuously aid in the recruitment process and provide effective training to ensure competency and fulfillment of departmental human resource needs.
· Participate and oversee production meetings at a set interval for general communication, improvement, and awareness of issues and concerns of the production department.
· Advise the Quality department on production needs, trends, and necessary improvements in pre-process, in-process, and post-process operations to ensure the overall success of the department.
· Review and analyze performance and profitability reports to meet organization requirements.
· Establish and sustain an industry leading standard for the production department in terms of performance, cleanliness, organization and safety.
· Promote professional and effective communication throughout the production department.
· Develop and coach employees to meet organization KPI’s, quality objectives and goals.
· Perform annual reviews of employee training records, identifying training needs and advocating for continuous growth of training resources and expectations.
· Conduct general HR functions to include performance evaluations, recruiting, submitting disciplinary action reports and employee engagement initiatives.
· Design, implement, and maintain production floor improvements in conjunction with top management’s direction and initiatives.
· Obtain and continuously grow technical working knowledge of the full line of services USI offers its customer base, from CNC machining capabilities to assembly functions.
· Monitor current assets and proactively identify needs for new equipment, providing proposals to top management when required for procurement.
· Assign and monitor secondary tasks to maintain a proper level of maintenance, adequate resources and general working condition of the department.
· Attend industry conferences and tradeshows to maintain the latest knowledge on industry trends, manufacturing innovations and customer demands.
Professional Skills and Abilities:
· Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing, focusing on presentation and accuracy in the information presented.
· Creatively and strategically influence situations that require problem solving, decision making and other business skillsets.
· Retain a high level of organization, time management and professionalism.
· Proficient at multi-tasking to meet simultaneous deadlines and expectations.
· Possess the ability or be capable of reading, interpreting, and analyzing engineering blueprints (GD&T), technical documents and company/customer procedures.
· Adequately and confidently train employees, delegate responsibilities, and manage others with respect and integrity.
· Consistently advocate for continuous improvement throughout the organization.
· Ability to interview potential candidates with professionalism and strategically selecting candidates with the best interest of the company in mind.
· Demonstrate the capability to work in a position and organization that is governed by a QMS.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· High School diploma or equivalent required, college degree in Engineering, Business or relevant degree preferred.
· 5 + years’ experience working as a proven decision maker, preferably in a production management role within the Aerospace & Defense, Medical or Automotive industries.
· Professionally manage with diplomacy a variety of people, personalities, and behaviors.
· Able to demonstrate a high level of focus to the details while not losing sight of macro level initiatives and goals.
· Capable of analyzing and making decisions based upon data interpretations and findings.
· Basic level of understanding of a network-based file sharing system to ensure organization and accuracy of data files stored.
· The competency to utilize experience and educational background to support mathematical and technical problem solving within the given responsibilities of the position.
· Must be willing to learn a variety of computer software to include but not limited to; USI’s internal ERP software programs, MS Office applications and other software platforms.
Compensation and Benefits: The Production Manager role is a salaried position. Pay is dependent on qualifications and experience.
USI offers a highly competitive benefits package including the following:
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· S/T and L/T Disability
· Vision Discount Program
· 401K with employer contributions
· Paid Vacation and Paid Holiday