Level - Experienced
Job Location -Ashburn, VA
Position Type - Full Time
Education Level:Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Salary Range - Undisclosed
Travel Percentage -None
Job Shift - Day
Job Category -Information Technology
DEI has an opportunity on an exciting new piece of work for a Senior Systems Engineerrole.
The Senior Systems Engineer plays a key role in the Enterprise Architecture team with a primary focus on the assigned portfolio.He/She will work closely with Chief Engineer on the program and assist in the development of system engineering documentation for the portfolio applications, such as System requirements, capabilities, and interface control documents, using Confluence and other collaboration and architecture tools. Also assists in the development of agile methodology (SAFe, Scrum, Scrum of Scrums, Kanban, SecDevOps). This includes backlog structure and management, governance/change control, and other key processes that lead the execution at the portfolio level.Provide technical support for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex on-prem and cloud applications to include requirements elicitation, analysis, and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessments. Assist with operational, technical tool standardization, consistent CI/CD pipelines, and system and services views for architectures using applicable set security standards.
- Serve as the principle IT engineer to provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of IT solutions that enhance overall system performance and availability.
- Conduct engineering system development tasks including system requirements analysis, system architecture and design, preliminary design, critical design, system integration, formal verification, and formal validation.
- Perform Requirements Analysis Engineering and other system engineering practices.
- Produce technical documentation in support of engineering solutions that include, but are not limited to, architectural drawings, detailed design specifications, and thorough implementation instructions.
- Maintain standards compliance
- Develops update, and maintain program of record documentation.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Monitor the installation, configuration, testing, and maintenance of operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
The individual selected for this position should have a broad technical background spanning many of the technical areas supported by the program. The ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences, both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for success in this position.
- 10-12years' experience engineering and architecting enterprise IT solutions
- Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
- Ability to liaise with government, vendors, and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Extensive understanding and experience programming and designing software using Java, J2EE, Angular, ReactJS, Spring MVC, JQuery, JSF, JSP, MyBatis, Hibernate, IBM MQ, Kafka, ELK, PLSQL, Oracle, WebLogic, Tomcat and AWS cloud services
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Jenkins, GitLab, Jira, Nexus, Maven, OpenShift, SonarQube, Fortify, Junit, Karma, Selenium, Cyprus, Docker, Artifactory
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in network and cybersecurity design, engineering, and operations with an emphasis on DHS capabilities
- Demonstrated experience developing models using Sparx EA, Splunk, MuleSoft, SalesForce
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Demonstrated experience with server virtualization technologies such as VMware, Citrix, or Hyper-V Demonstrated experience with operating systems such as RedHat Linux and Windows Server
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO20000 / ISO27001 implementations
- At least one nationally recognized vendor certification Cloud Technical, Business or TCO Accreditation Cloud Architect, DevOps or SysOps Associate or Professional Certification
- Active CBP BI
- CBP experience
Defense Engineering, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Posting ID: 573868695Posted: 2021-01-20