The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing systems related to the operations, scheduling and practices of Advanced Roofing, Inc (ARI). This role leads quality control efforts and oversees several cross-functional relationships with sub-contractors, project managers, foremen and safety director.
Reports to: Branch Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or construction science/construction management
- Minimum 5 years of proven operations management in a commercial roofing business
- Knowledge of commercial roof systems including Modified Bitumen, BUR, Single Ply, Slope, etc.
- Successful background investigation
- Successful Pre-Employment Drug Test
- Excellent communication, presentation and follow up skills required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic and a high level of self-motivation
- Ability to work independently while contributing to a team environment
- Participate in local community, non-profit, or governmental activities/organizations for both company business development and personal improvement.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Reviews and enforces all ARI policies and standards and ensures all are current and compliant
- Meets as required with estimators and signs off on all estimates
- Reviews and agrees to the scope, design, materials, budget and sets the schedule and foreman in charge of project for each project
- Utilizes a checklist to follow a proven workflow; Achieves 100% customer satisfaction on the survey on the end of the project
- Conducts weekly review with Branch Manager on timing and accuracy of the forecasts
- Conducts a job closeout review at the end of each project to review budget targets and final gross margin and number of repairs needed after the project
- Achieves zero lost time
- Ensures all items are checked on punch list and customer satisfaction survey are reviewed
- Provides immediate response to all leaks reports with 100% customer satisfaction
- Creates and follows an annual development plan to include activities and budget
- Policies and Standards – Ensures all policies and standards are being met on the job site. Interprets specifications and company policies to subordinates and/or contractors and enforces safety regulations. Analyzes and resolves work problems, including worker complaints and grievances.
- Pre-Project Review – As projects are contracted, the Operations Manager will participate in pre-project planning with Estimator, Project Manager and Construction Manager in handoff meetings to inspect scope, contract documents, drawings, equipment needed, schedules and other work instructions to anticipate safety issues and scope.
- Pre-Con with Owner - Attend all Pre-Cons with Customer, Project Manager, Safety Director, and Foreman to develop and ensure a time frame and review scope with customer.
- Construction Schedule - Initiate, oversee and manage resources and time frames for multiple projects. (Between 7-12 at one time) This includes scheduling out projects by week and foreman/sub.
- Construction Supervision - Oversee foreman to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, quality control, budget and schedule. Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to. Review official project log and documentation files. Review and sign off on employee time cards. Hire, terminate and review employees for the company.
- OSHA and Safety – Ensures zero Lost Time Accidents. This is accomplished by making sure all employees, foreman, and sub-contractors follow the company-wide safety program, the safety programs of respective clients and a proactive outlook towards safety.
- Project Close-Out – Operations manager will have final walk through with Client and other employees. They will review any concerns and make sure Client is 100% satisfied.
- Warranty - Within one year of completed project, will track and manage leaks through the construction manager of that project.
We are an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
CC-C024413 EOE DFWP
Job Type: Full-time
Advanced Roofing Inc. is a full-service commercial roofing contractor specializing in roof replacements, repairs, and maintenance services for occupied buildings in Florida and the Caribbean. Our commitment to quality ensures you the best customer experience by providing the most accurate solutions for your building’s needs using premium materials and award-winning craftsmanship.
Established in 1983, Advanced Roofing is a full-service commercial roofing contractor specializing in re-roofing occupied buildings for customers in high wind zone areas.
Advanced Roofing ranks as one of the safest roofing contractors in the state of Florida by Furman Insurance. We have a low EMR rating and are fully-licensed, bonded and insured for your total protection.
With our in-house divisions of re-roofing, repairs, maintenance, sheet metal, HVAC, trash removal, lightning protection, and solar energy, we are your one-stop-shop for the rooftop.
Posting ID: 593785676Posted: 2021-01-24