Unified Communications Engineer
The Unified Communications Engineer will ensure day-to-day operational stability, handle equipment and server installation and upgrades, and resolve complex problems. The Engineer will also promote the use of emerging collaboration, communication and Contact Center technologies as well as serve as technical lead on projects and provide technical guidance to other IT staff.
Personnel and Training
In some cases the Lead Engineer will supervise a team of engineers within the managed services operation or a specific customer project. He/She is responsible for selecting and maintaining qualified personnel in various positions and recommending compensation for them. The Lead Engineer will identify training needs, recommend employee actions and communicate with employees on the progress of plans.
Skills and Qualities
- Deployment, Integration & Testing of Cisco UC-Voice Infrastructure
Delivery/Service Assurance systems, VOIP and UC peripherals
- Work closely with Project Managers throughout the implementation process
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders including vendors
- Participate in key projects of client to provide recommendations and guidance for system migrations, service launches and technology initiative
- Handle escalated tickets and major incidents.
- Expertly conceptualize, design and configure CUCM, Webex Calling, WcCC, Unity Connection, IM&P and other UC application's building blocks: Partitions, CSS's, Device Pools, Users, Extension Mobility, MOH, DN/DID,BAT Files, their modification and import, media resource/conferencing, gateway configuration MGCP , H.323 and SIP, Dial-peers, COR, PRI/T1, SRST, ICT/UC Clusters, Route List, Route Groups, Hunt Groups/List, Translation Patterns, TEHO, CTI RP etc.,
- Expert-Level debugging and troubleshooting on Cisco UC infrastructure.
- Experience working with vendors on system installations and software and hardware upgrades
- Knowledge of IP routing, VLANs, DHCP and HTTP and strong understanding of VoIP technologies including Cisco SCCP and IETF SIP and related protocols
Education and Experience
- Individuals interested in specializing in unified communications systems should obtain a bachelor's degree in information technology, math, or a related major.
- At least five years of telecommunications/network engineering and services experience in large environments
Posting ID: 600524069Posted: 2021-01-27