We are looking for more than just an employee, we are looking for a true team member dedicated to enhancing the member experience! Come join the credit union movement and Discover Banking With Heart at NIHFCU!
Be a part of our team where commitment to members with exceptional service and banking solutions that enhances their lives is our mission. If helping people and making a difference appeals to you, this is the place for you!
At NIHFCU, one of our core values is investing in our employees, which is why we offer perks like these:
• Benefit Package for all Full time employees includes health, dental, vision, Life insurance benefits
• 401(K) and profit sharing
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Career Advancement and development
• Credit Union Membership with discounted services and products
The Mortgage Sales Manager is responsible for the successful management of all aspects of the NIHFCU's mortgage-related sales efforts and the mortgage originations team, in order to meet or exceed the established production goals, while providing exceptional member service. Provides leadership, guidance, training and support to the Team, and ensures compliance with all Investor requirements, federal regulatory requirements, and NIH Federal Credit Union policies and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Mortgage Sales Manager is responsible for meeting or exceeding the mortgage loan production goals, the successful management, coaching and training of the mortgage originations team, the consistent prospecting for new referral sources and the development of proactive business and sales plans.
- The Mortgage Sales Manager provides guidance in resolving complex or challenging loan transactions, assists the RLOs with loan scenarios, re-structuring applications, evaluating loan documentation, investor guidelines and pricing, to achieve the best possible outcomes, all while giving staff the opportunity to develop and contribute to the solution.
- Conducts regular department meetings with the originations staff, sets goals and procedures for continued improvements in quality standards, seeks feedback about the support they need. Actively monitors application pipeline and conducts pipeline meetings with the MLOs to ensure all applications are ECOA compliant and members are contacted in a timely manner; pre-approvals are followed up on regularly and updated every 60 days.
- Monitors the frequency, and analyzes the causes for expenses and fees paid by NIHFCU, resulting from errors and/or oversights, and take the actions necessary, including but not limited to training, changes in processes and procedures, and termination, as needed. Sets up a threshold for tolerance, job objectives, and goals for training and improvements for the MLOs. Reviews the TILA-RESPA requirements with the RLOs on ongoing basis and ensure the team understands the fees tolerances, timelines and disclosure requirements.
- The Mortgage Sales Manager keeps abreast of the latest investor requirements and regulatory compliance changes; takes the training courses necessary to gain the knowledge and understanding needed, and provides regular updates and training to the Team.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with the S.A.F.E. Act requirements by implementing procedures for timely and accurate updates and registries to the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry, coordinates training for newly hired RLOs, about their responsibilities under the law
- The Mortgage Sales Manager works with Marketing to develop marketing strategies, identifies areas of opportunity, attends BD events, as needed, and provides input for mortgage related initiatives and marketing materials.
- Develops and implements proactive business/referral contacts and attracts new base of mortgage prospects. Generates new mortgage business by building ongoing mortgage referral network and develops relationships within the real estate community, including realtors, builders and developers.
- The Mortgage Sales Manager is responsible for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining qualified, high-performing mortgage originations staff
- Performance management activities include, but are not necessarily limited to performance reviews, performance improvement plans, coaching and training, scheduling work hours, and cross training.
- Establish customer service delivery standards and monitor service levels against such standards on a regular basis.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Strong leadership abilities combined with solid management and recruitment skills.
- Minimum ten (10) years mortgage production experience, with focus on sales, sales management, business development, marketing, customer service and compliance.
- Minimum five (5) years supervisory or management experience.
- Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac guidelines, as well as credit union lending policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the requirements and features of the mortgage loan programs offered by NIHFCU, other private investors, and the secondary mortgage market.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong loan math calculation skills including the use of automated spreadsheet development and basic analytics required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
- Analytical decision-making ability with attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work as required.
- Proficient in Mircrosoft Office Suite
- Ensure annual certification and training for the NMLS is completed as required.
REQUIRED COMPLIANCE COURSES
Ensure that work results and processes comply with relevant laws and with established NIHFCU policies, procedures, and practices, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
Attend all required training or complete and pass all online required training courses as applicable.
NIHFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.