HVAC Warehouse Material Handler (Cherry Hill NJ and Bellmawr NJ)
Johnstone Supply is a leading wholesale supplier to the heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration industry. We are privately owned and part of the largest wholesale cooperative in the nation, and currently rank as the #2 HVAC/R distributor in the United States.
The King group operates 6 branches located in New Jersey and the Philadelphia area with immediate openings due to rapid company expansion and market demand. We are seeking well qualified, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction and help continue to grow our business.
Our core focus is simple: To be a dominant player in the markets we serve by making it easy for contractors to do business with products, knowledge, and service. We strive to provide a world-class customer experience to every customer, on every transaction.
Prospective team members should be aligned with our core values:
1. Self-Improvement & Adaptability – Interested in continuous self-improvement & adapts to change
2. Energetic & Competitive – Is Enthusiastic, Energetic, Tenacious, & Competitive
3. Take initiative and Maintain Accountability
4. Detail Oriented – Practices fanatical attention to consistency & detail
5. Team Player - Supporting One Another "One Team, One Goal"
The Warehouse Material Handler will be responsible for picking, receiving and packing product in a timely and concise manner to help expedite operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
· Load and unload incoming and outgoing materials and products.
· Move materials to and from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and manufacturing.
· Identify and label materials and record their locations in the warehouse to maintain inventory.
· Operate trucks, forklifts, cranes, and other equipment to move freight.
· Perform and report cycle counts and Comply with all warehouse safety rules and guidelines.
· Prepare finished products for shipment by identifying their location, then pulling, packing, and loading them.
· Completes all transactions and necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
· Maintain product data in Johnstone’s business system.
Job-Specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· 1-2years of experience working in a warehouse setting or in logistics; experience in operating material handling equipment preferred.
· Must be able to work well in a team.
· Ability to read, write and to follow instructions, and work independently with little guidance.
· Ability to operate computers and relevant warehouse management computer software.
· Willingness to work flexible hours, including overtime and weekends.
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or G.E.D and minimum of 1 year related experience and/or training in the HVAC/R industry; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 1-2years of relevant experience in a Warehouse in HVAC/R or similar industry.
· Certification to ride forklift truck preferred.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time; ability to bend and to lift heavy materials up to 75lbs.
· Competitive salary
· Strong benefit package
· Retirement plan
· Long term disability and life insurance program
· Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
· Continuing Education Assistance & In-house training opportunities