Seeking a Results-Oriented, High-Integrity Controller
United Logistic Services Group is seeking to hire an outstanding Accounting Manager to fill a new position at its company in Compton, California.
United Logistic Services Group provides Port Trucking Services and Warehouse Services in Southern California. The trucking division uses independent contractors and employee drivers to perform pick-up and delivery from the ports of L. A. and Long Beach.
United Logistic Services Group is now building for the next chapter by expanding its financial management resources to give the President more time for other activities.
Who are we looking for?
- Strong Accountant:Someone who dreams about debits and credits
- High-Integrity:Impeccable ethics and a strong moral compass. 100% trustworthy
- Result-oriented:Can you get the job done month after month?
- Self-starter:Someone who can work on his/her own
- Data-driven:The facts and nothing but the facts
- Oversee and manage general accounting functions in accordance with GAAP and best practices, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger entries
- Maintain strong financial controls and improvements as necessary
- Review and assess current practices and procedures to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Prepare, review and analyze financial statements on a monthly basis for management review
- Manage budget process
- Perform cost analysis as needed to support and assist in setting pricing standards
- Manage general accounting function for periodic review with the outside accounting personnel
- Oversee HR function, including payroll and driver settlement process
- Manage month-end and year-end close process
GREAT Compensation and Benefits!
- BA degree in accounting
- 5 to 10 years of field experience, preferably in the transportation industry
- Excellent computer skills with QuickBooks Desktop, Microsoft Office, Access, and other system knowledge.
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and working with large data sets. Familiar with commercially-available tools and software that could improve the company s analytical and reporting capabilities
- Experience in business analysis for financial systems, especially involving cost accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must hold USA citizenship, a valid passport, or a work visa
A competitive salary range of $100,000-125,000 will be provided to the successful candidate, along with health insurance with high company contribution for the employee, a 401(k) program, FSA ( Flexible Spending Account), paid sick time and vacation, and the potential for annual bonus.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY ONLINE BELOW
Posting ID: 591897785Posted: 2020-12-09