LPN (Part-time), Assisted Living Facility
The Windsor at Orlando Lutheran Towers is an affiliate of the Orlando Senior Health Network, a remarkable Continuing Care Retirement Community located and operating for 40 years in downtown Orlando. Our beautiful facilities are walking distance from beautiful Lake Eola and SunRail-Church St. station. Our growing healthcare team is seeking an individual to join our non-profit organization as an RN for our Skilled Nursing Facility to provide a high level of health care service with a touch of love and care.
We strive for excellence in providing great health care services. Orlando Senior Health Network celebrates with its employees and residents as being recognized for the accreditation by the Joint Commission and Five-Star Service Excellence Award. Our organization is also recognized as a "Great Place to Work" since 2019, and one of the Best Workplaces for Commuters.
Evaluates residents' needs, condition, and care and assists the care plan coordinator in developing nursing care plans for individual residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carries out administrative and resident care duties as directed.
- Periodically reviews ECC service plans with ECC supervisor and other health team members. Attends service plan meetings as needed.
- Completes monthly summaries on each resident.
- Takes and transcribes physicians' orders to resident medication sheet, treatment sheets, diet list, etc. in consultation with DON
- Admits new residents by observing their needs and reviewing physician orders.
- Sends diet orders to dietary department.
- Assembles resident's charts, attaching required forms.
- Requisitions supplies, equipment, linens, emergency drugs, etc. to meet unit needs. Sees that equipment is in good working order, in consultation with DON and Administrator.
- Perform physical assessment on ALF and independent residents per physician order and/or following incidents or activation of emergency call light.
- Abide by department policies and procedures and interprets them to personnel, residents, medical staff and public.
- Gives/receives the nursing report upon report as well as counting of Narcotics upon beginning and ending shift duty hours.
- Answers telephone inquires.
- Order prescribed medications, supplies, and equipment as necessary, in accordance with established ALF policies.
- Requisition and arranges for diagnostic and therapeutic services as ordered by ALF resident's physician.
- Completes unit or medical chart forms as required.
- Documentation of all activities, writing of incident reports, and subsequent follow-up as needed, and providing a detailed report at the end of each shift for the next nurse to be aware of situations that may occur and have occurred.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB TYPE: HOURLY
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Florida.
- Must have HIV/AIDS training per state guidelines.
- Familiar with and abides by ALF and CCRC regulations.
- Must have ECC training or be available to attend classes.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language in an understandable manner and to be able to carefully follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Ability to perform all functions of the job classification without posing a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- This list of functions, duties, responsibilities, and skills is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employer reserves the right to assign additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
At Orlando Senior Health Network, we strive for promoting an equal employment opportunity to all applicants. We celebrate diversity and inclusion with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. As an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer, we comply with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. Orlando Senior Health Network does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Orlando Senior Health Network and its' entities.
Posting ID: 597436935Posted: 2021-01-07