Our team at United Scrap Metal is in search of a Shipping and Receiving Coordinator. If you are interested in learning more and or your professional experience is a match to our description be sure to submit your resume. Our Talent Acquisition Team will contact you within 24- 48 hours to discuss this position and review your professional experience.
The Shipping and Receiving Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and documentation of all incoming and outgoing shipments. This individual supports the maintenance, accuracy, and proactive planning of all customer shipments.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Prepare transportation bills, load authorizations, packaging slips, and any other necessary documentation required for shipments; contact various consumers and brokers to coordinate pickups.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
- Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements for shipping and receiving of materials.
- Resolve internal and external issues to ensure the department is efficient in meeting customer needs.
- Communicate with carrier representatives the coordination of and instructions for shipping and receiving of materials.
- Approach the coordination of shipping methods to encourage the least amount of environmental impact as possible.
- Compile and prepare import/export reports and documents.
- Regularly communicate any safety or job-related concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Fluency in both English and Spanish preferred (read, write, speak)
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to quickly and accurately input data into various computer software applications
- Demonstrated flexibility to multi-task and work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
Minimum Safety Training Requirements
- Basic on-the-job training that satisfies the Primary Objectives of the specific position (as noted above)
- US-SOP-01 United in Safety Manual
- US-F11 QEH&S Policy
- US-SOP-03 Team Member Handbook
At United Scrap Metal (USM), our mission is to provide our clients the liability protection and peace of mind they deserve by offering innovative, solutions-driven recycling programs. Established in 1978 as an independent, privately held scrap metal recycler, USM has grown to become one of the largest and fastest growing full-service recyclers in the country. We’re proud to make a difference to our clients and local communities by providing award-winning, ethical and sustainable programs that preserve the Earth’s most precious resources.
Posting ID: 599578703Posted: 2021-01-23