For over 150 years, The United States Playing Card Company ("USPC") has been the leader in the production and distribution of premier playing cards and a creator of innovative family-friendly games. Well-known and reputable brands such as BEE®, BICYCLE®, KEM®, ARISTOCRAT® and HOYLE® are just a few of our widely recognizable brands. Whether it is a game of blackjack on the casino floor or game night with the family our brands and products play a part.
We are looking for candidates who can lead projects and manage our program of innovation projects for the gaming channel. This is a high-profile position that spans geographies and will be key to delivering on our major growth initiatives. This colleague leads cross functional teams to bring complex projects from concept through commercialization for our casino gaming vertical. Organized, visionary and disciplined are key personality traits we are seeking for this new role. Our project manager must be willing dive deep into the global gaming business and build a knowledge base that will help them guide technical and commercial innovation. They need to have a deep understanding our products and processes and how they deliver on customer and consumer needs. They must work across disciplines in the relentless pursuit of delivering on our casino mission and growth plans.
You will know you are a fit if you can comfortably communicate with and influence engineers, finance, marketing, sales and the end customers. It is critical to be as good at listening and observing as you are at communicating and leading cross functionally. You can be successful in this role if you create high performing cross functional teams and lead them through all stages of the product lifecycle. You are an ideal candidate if you thrive in a fast-paced global environment, are agile and possess a growth mindset.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Lead large, often highly technical growth projects for the gaming sector to deliver on the financial objectives.
• Define the scope, resource requirements and work plan for projects.
• Manage projects and products throughout the lifecycle.
• Ensure product features solve the most pressing customer needs and that value can be delivered to the customer and extracted from the investment.
• Collaborate with marketing, finance and sales colleagues to develop the business, commercialization, manufacturing and ongoing operational plans for projects.
• Synthesize information from the market, customers, vendors and other external parties to ensure that projects are differentiated, reliable and provide a great experience.
• Ensure new gaming products comply with local gaming and other applicable regulations.
• Organize and manage testing, validation and qualification of products and systems prior to commercialization.
• Conduct regular updates to senior executives, customers and other stakeholders.
• Critical thinking with the ability to assimilate a lot of information and details.
• Self-directed, confident and decisive.
• A leader with the ability to influence at all levels.
• Effective working collaboratively and fluidly across functions, organizational levels and cultures
• Good understanding of a broad array of subject matter and technologies including live table games, printing, manufacturing, mechanical and electrical design.
• Bachelors in a relevant scientific or engineering field
• 10+ yrs. experience in the casino gaming industry (Asia experience is a plus)
• Demonstrated success leading complex technical projects
• Expertise in project management best practices, tools and methodologies
• PMP® or similar project management certification is a plus
• Strong organizational skills and ability to quickly respond to changing priorities.
• Superior communication skills (listening, verbal and written).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequent use of telephone and computer
• Must be able to lift to 35 pounds, walk up and down steps and sit for prolonged periods of time (6 - 8 hours a day)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Hands-on factory, office environment land casino environment.
• International travel up to 50% of the time.