Under general supervision, the Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative and secretarial duties requiring a certain level of experience and skills. The incumbent in this position would normally support one or more professionals, managers or directors.
- Within established guidelines, make decisions regarding planning, organizing and scheduling of work. Resolve most questions and problems without help.
- Compose routine correspondence. Type and proofread letters, memos and other documents using proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. Compile data for standard and special reports. May transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Schedule and prepare for meetings; screen and direct incoming calls and visitors; assist with travel arrangements; maintain files, records and individual/department calendars.
- Use business software applications (word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, etc.) to prepare memos, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, etc.
- Work cooperatively with internal and external customers. Assist other departments, as needed. Respond to requests for information from outside the department.
- Receive, track and process invoices, check requests, expense reports and credit cards.
- May organize material for data entry and perform accurate, high-volume data entry.
- Operate office equipment. Schedule office equipment maintenance and order supplies. Distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
In addition to the core responsibilities of the position, may be asked, or may seek, to engage unique abilities, strengths and passions through participation on cross-functional teams.
- Communicates Effectively
- Relationship Management
- Continuous Learning
- Drives for Results
- Problem Solving / Critical Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Inclusion
- Intermediate typing skills of at least 45 wpm
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proper use of grammar, spelling and punctuation, and telephone etiquette
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion and tact
- Ability to work collaboratively
- High school diploma
- A minimum of 1-3 years of secretarial/administrative experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
- Proficient use of Google Apps, Zoom
United Way for Southeastern Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 593572737Posted: 2021-01-18