The Warehouse Associate will primarily be responsible for the picking and packaging parts, maintaining an orderly warehouse, as well as loading and unloading materials in the shipping and receiving areas. The position involves assisting production staff in times of heavy demand and other various warehouse duties.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statements
· Load and unload raw material and parts from incoming and outgoing containers/trailers.
· Operate forklift to pick materials from shelves to fulfil customer orders.
· Package materials according to customer and subcontractor packaging standards.
· Maintain a clean and orderly shipping and receiving area.
· Assure materials are packaged in accordance to quality standards.
· Move materials to designated locations within the facility.
· Scan and receive materials labelling them with appropriate material tags.
· Conduct dock audits to assure orders and quantities are correct.
· Weigh materials to assure packaging forms and BOLS are accurate.
· Assure all materials are tagged with the appropriate tag and the data is correct.
· Provide production staff with appropriate packaging materials to facilitate production.
· Assist Production and Supply Chain teams with orders and day-to-day shipping needs.
· Work a regular schedule determined by supervisory management.
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Ability to use pallet jacks, banding device, and scale.
· Previous experience in manufacturing; metal fabrication preferred.
· Ability to operate a forklift and obtain certification.
· Ability to read blue prints and understand functionality of parts and their components.
· Ability to use measuring devices.
· Ability to work in a team environment and/or independently.