How Will You Make an Impact?
The Operator II, Manufacturing will support the Reagent Formulations Department by working in a team based environment to manufacture commercial cGMP grade products that are scientific in nature for use in the life sciences industry.What will you do?
Nature and Scope:
- Complete production and quality analysis of reagents, components and finished products in accordance with SOPs, work instructions and the Production Schedule to ensure timely availability of cost-effective products of high quality.
- Effectively communicate and interface with work groups to ensure the completion of daily production.
- Work in both standard and clean room environments while adhering to room specific PPE requirements.
- Operate automated and semi-automated equipment
- Satisfactorily complete Thermo Fisher Scientific training requirements on time and operate within all ISO and FDA standards pertaining to Frederick Site Manufacturing.
This position largely interacts with equivalent levels of personnel in the manufacturing area. Good oral and written communication skills are required to routinely manufacture saleable products, identify problems and implement solutions in a team environment. Effectiveness in this role requires a functional knowledge of Thermo Fisher manufacturing process and Standard Operating Procedures, great attention to detail and the ability to see opportunities for improved effectiveness. The job encounters work situations of moderate scope and complexity and identifiable factors. Works on problems where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Incumbent exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine action. The incumbent normally receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instruction on new assignments. 85-95% of time spent on work order processing of bulk formulation, filling, capping and labeling. May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.How will you get there?
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent. BS (or AS + relevant experience) in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or other related life science discipline preferred.
- +1 year experience in a life science/biotechnology discipline preferred.
- Experience with collecting optical density measurements.
- Experience with precise formulation of bulk reagents.
- Experience with filling, capping and labeling using precision liquid handling tools and processes.
- Experience in manufacturing diagnostic products for research and regulated markets.
- Experience in completing documentation (GDP) and data collection in a GMP laboratory.
- Proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures, instructions, and to meet schedules
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Basic computer skills such as proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite to support the operation in its daily functions
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
- Must be flexible to work weekends when needed.
This position is not approved for relocation benefits.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
. *EVAMOPS2020 *GTSDouble
Posting ID: 585827497Posted: 2021-01-12