The Associate Project Manager (APM) provides support to a Project Manager in managing projects / studies for customers and in the development of workflow processes between the customer and the business. Specifically, the APM assists the Project Manager in study management across the organization and various departments, proactively working with all the parties involved in the study and in timeline management, milestone tracking and weekly updates to the customer. APM's will also be responsible for full study management of projects with moderate complexity, coordinating across all technical and service aspects of a project.Responsibilities:
- Works with the Client to finalize Specifications. This may include meetings at the client's premises.
- Assists in setting up and maintaining study filing systems and maintains accurate records for all work undertaken.
- Joint responsibility with the Project Manager for ensuring that all business activities come together in a timely manner to meet the customer and study requirements.
- Coordination and communication of all relevant activities, both internal and external to ensure that all services and products are ready for the start of the study or as required by the customer.
- Use of appropriate project planning tools to communicate milestones and critical path activities and responsibilities.
- Timely provision of reports and other information to customers if applicable.
- Works with operations to optimize production of deliverables balancing the customer requirements with best use of available capacity.
- Creates and/or supports creation of batch documentation, operational documents using internal systems. This is inclusive of billing package review.
- Provides back-up support to the Project Manager, including financial and quote forecasting.
- Monitors project activities and day to day business as well as establishment of customer approved Project Specifications.
- Collects all the information on a study design including correct label texts, coordination of secondary packaging materials and tools, coordination of label production and production of all batch documentation for operations and check of documentation.
- Coordinates shipments through the logistics department, and prepares orders and GMP instructions in a timely manner.
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
- Requires understanding and competent use of SOPs required by company Quality standards.
- Requires excellent organizational, planning, verbal, written and numerical skills with the ability to analyze and define solutions and manage multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Requires strong and effective communicator with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Requires ability to develop strong customer management skills; proactively anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Requires ability to learn and master all internal systems associated with projects (i.e. Salesforce, Trackwise, Master Control, IN-TRAK II and GPM, if applicable per site).
- Requires accredited college, university or recognized professional degree, preferably in a health related field.
- Requires 2-3 years of successful experience in project management as a Project Support Associate/Coordinator.
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills to include excellent relationship building.
- Requires proficiency in personal computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- Requires proven experience with customers in a dynamic environment.
- Requires excellent communication, organizational skills and project co-ordination skills.
- Prefer proficiency in appropriate project planning tools e.g., Microsoft Project, to communicate milestones and critical path activities and responsibilities.
- Prefer in depth understanding of clinical trials.
- Prefer basic understanding of Project Management concepts.
- Prefer Certification in Project Management by a recognized institution in project
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Posting ID: 599482717Posted: 2021-01-14