About MedStar Health
- Job Summary
- MedStar Health Urgent Care is committed to providing world-class, compassionate care to every patient, every time, at every touch point during the experience. All associates are accountable for their role in meeting patient experience standards. Assists in providing direct and indirect patient care according to established procedures. Provides care for the adult, geriatric, and pediatric population under the direction and supervision of the Manager of Clinical Operations, RN Supervisor, and/or on-site Medical Providers.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-year experience working in an Emergency Department setting, Urgent Care Center, EMT with significant field experience.
- CNA or EMT and CPR certification.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Clinical competency as verified during the initial 90-day orientation period and annually thereafter. Computer and Electronic Medical Record skills and ability to function in a variable clinical setting.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Adheres to the MedStar Health Urgent Care Code of conduct and its Compliance plan.
- Completes all mandatory continuing education as established including OSHA, CPR, infection control, and safety.
- Exceeds patient expectation by utilizing ICARE standards.
- Manages the intake of patients into the clinic, utilizes the emergency screening form to prioritize patients.
- Manages the patient discharge process which may include issuing discharge paperwork, prescriptions, and other interventions within their scope of practice.
- Sorts and distributes clinic mail.
- Supports organizational initiatives related to new technology, clinical programs and improving the patient experience; seeks opportunities for improvement in all clinical and administrative processes and services.
- Supports other members of the Urgent Care team when patient bottlenecks occur; may be asked to assist in front desk tasks, assuring optimal patient flow; manages variable and unpredictable patient volume throughout the work day.
- Takes personal responsibility for the neat appearance of the Urgent Car clinic, patient restrooms and the reception area, assuring each area represents MedStar Health Urgent Care in a positive manner.
- Takes phone calls in accordance with policy and service expectations for those customers on the phone as well as those in the clinic; disseminates messages appropriately.
- Rounds on patients both in rooms, and in the waiting room, using ICARE standards.
- Technically proficient in phlebotomy, performing EKGs, POC testing, wound care as appropriate, splinting, DME application, crutch walking/fitting, taking Vital Signs, Visual acuity, and other approved competencies within scope of practice.
- Participates in meetings and serves on committees and represents the Urgent Care center in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate and when available.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.datePosted":"2020-10-09T04:51:05.483Z
Posting ID: 600878213Posted: 2021-01-20