First Vehicle Services is seeking an experienced Data Entry Clerk to provide administrative support to our vehicle maintenance shop facilities in Rockville & Silver Springs.
Shift Schedule: Part-time, night shift. Travel may be required between Rockville & Silver Spring locations as needed.
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- The hourly wage at $17 per hour
- Part-time hours of 6:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- A great work environment!
Shop Clerk Responsibilities
- Maintains Fleet Management Information System (FMIS) data including checking input and output documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Inputs and extracts data from FMIS to provide data to management and Montgomery County
- Provides clerical and administrative support to management and shop staff
- Maintains files and records, and prepares management reports and correspondence
- Prepares and maintains schedules and performance reports
- Answers and directs phone calls
- Schedules appointments and prepares agendas
- Prepares and sends fax documents, e-mail, and mail as required
Shop Clerk qualifications:
- High School or GED equivalent
- Must have transportation and be willing to commute between Silver Spring and Rockville locations
- Ability to work overnight, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Two (2) years of experience working in an administrative, accounting, or secretarial position. Work experience in a vehicle maintenance shop environment is preferred.
- Experience in facilitating daily operation, payroll, accounts payable, Fleet Maintenance Information Systems including data entry, report creation, and distribution, invoicing, maintaining employee records, and maintaining parts inventory files.
- Strong computer and reporting skills required
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communications skills
- Bilingual-Spanish speaking preferred
- Be subject to a drug test
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Posting ID: 608036578Posted: 2021-02-22