North Spring Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. is a multifaceted behavioral healthcare system comprised of three programs to serve children and adolescents with a broad spectrum of psychiatric service needs. Programs of service include an 87-bed, Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services licensed, Joint Commission accredited psychiatric residential treatment facility, a Partial Hospitalization Program, and a 16-bed acute psychiatric hospital - which due to high demand - is in the process of expanding to 40 beds (completion February 2021). Our strategic plan for the past two years has been centered on improving fidelity to our evidence-based clinical methodology. North Spring is part of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) one of the Nation's largest and most respected healthcare management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 83,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase healthcare properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion.
Our dietary department is welcoming a full time Food Service Assistant Manager
. Key Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Food Services Director, the Assistant Manager is responsible for the preparation and service of food for patients, employees, and guests. The assistant manager is also responsible for maintaining all state and federal health department standards. The assistant is also responsible for the general supervision of the Food Service Department in the absence of the Food Service Director. Location
: Beautiful Leesburg, Virginia, 40 miles Northwest of Washington DC. Named one of the best places to live by Money magazine. 45-acre campus in a rural area on the northern edge of Leesburg with a gymnasium, beautiful outdoor campus and high ropes course. Excellent public school system. Compensation package
: Competitive salary. Employee benefits available including exemplary health and related insurance after 30 days, 21 days per year Paid Time Off available after 90 days in addition to an Extended Leave Bank for use when sick, opportunity to purchase stock at discounted prices, and a 401(k) Plan with a generous company match. Three meals a day provided at no cost to employees.
QualificationsRequired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Must be able to read and write and make simple calculations, and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with foods and preparation methods.
- Must know the proper methods and cooking temperatures for best utilization and yield of meats and other foods.
- Must be able to space and time cooking of vegetables so that their nutritional quality, flavor, and appearance are preserved by not having to hold them too long before service.
- Training or experience in large scale commercial or institutional food preparation.
- Must have had some formal or on the job training in food preparation in cooking, estimating quantities for food needed, in requisitioning and storage of food and supplies, in general kitchen management, supervision and in principles and management of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment.
The following description covers the most significant duties performed, but does not exclude other work assignments not mentioned.
- Reviews menus to determine type and quantities of meats, vegetables, soups, salads, and desserts to be prepared. Follows production sheet from Food Service Director.
- Plans cooking schedule in conjunction with Director to ensure that food will be ready at specified times.
- Prepares all special orders as prescribed by Doctor's and Dietician's order.
- Ensures proper food handling techniques are maintained.
- Preparation of all food in sufficient quantities to cover all service requirements.
- Properly labeled, stored and report food production shortages/overages to help maintain department budget.
- Tests food being cooked by testing, smelling and/or using food thermometer to determine that it is cooked. Adjusts heat controls and timers on ovens, grills, etc. As required.
- Checks temperatures of food prepared to ensure proper temperatures for service.
- Assists in maintaining inventory control guidelines established by Food Service Director.
- Wash and sanitize cookware, pot and pans as needed.
- Prepare and service trays during schedule meal times.
- Cleans and sanitizes all prep and cooking areas.
- Always observes the hospital and dietary dress codes.
- Responds to changes in workload schedule as necessary; continually uses time in a productive manner.
- Ensures compliance with Health Department standards
- Assists Director with scheduling of Staff
: Must be able to perform a variety of duties without constant supervision. Must be reliable with a good working attitude. Aptitude should include verbal ability to express ideas and views effectively. Education
: High school graduate or equivalent. Experience
: Previous institutional food preparation experience desirable but not required. Physical Requirements
: Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. 80-90% of the time the incumbent is standing, walking, kneeling, and reaching while working with patients. Requires full range body motion including.