Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you defining possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; strategic deterrents; satellites and associated space components and services; payload and ground systems; and other strategic space-based initiatives.
We are currently seeking a Financial Reporting Analyst to join the Space Sector Reporting Team in our Dulles, VA offices. This position will report to the Manager, Financial Reporting and participate in the monthly and quarterly financial reporting process. This role will work closely with the Sector's business management, Shared Service Centers and Corporate Financial Reporting. Position Responsibilities and duties include:
- Participating in month-end financial reporting close activities.
- Maintaining and documenting analysis over monthly financial statements and report to management.
- Preparing quarterly and year-end financial reporting packages used by Corporate in Forms 10-Q, 10-K and earnings releases.
- Continually assessing and improving Sector financial reporting processes to enhance efficiencies.
- Collaborating with various groups across the NG organization, including Division financial reporting teams, Financial Service Center, Corporate Financial Reporting, Planning, etc.
- Providing support for and respond to ad hoc requests.
- Assisting with SOX, internal and external audits.
- Performing miscellaneous financial analysis as required.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
SpaceBusMgtQualifications :Basic Qualifications:This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3. Basic Qualifications for a Level 2:
Basic Qualifications for a Level 3:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management (or a related field) from an accredited institution with 3+ years of related professional experience - OR - a Master's degree with 1+ years of related professional experience.
Additional Basic qualifications for both levels:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management (or a related field) from an accredited institution with 5+ years of related professional experience - OR - a Master's degree with 3+ years of related professional experience.
- Basic computer and financial analysis skills, including use and understanding of spreadsheets.
- Three or more years' experience using MS Office applications including Word and Excel.
- US citizenship is required.
- Recent Big 4 or recognized Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Current CPA preferred.
- Prior experience with HFM and/or Costpoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience in the aerospace & defense industry.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.